Kate plus 8...chicken episode....so funny

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Thomas423, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas423

Thomas423 Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    Ok, I never watch this show but I did DVR this episode.
    My thoughts:
    First, she has 16 hens and 1 rooster in a small coop/run. Well, had 1 rooster, because it got pecked by the females and was all bloody and Kate turned to the camera person to get it out for her.
    Second, she is expecting her kids to tend to the chickens and we all know how long that will last.
    Third, she called them "low maintenance". I want her chickens. No, they are not hard work but I would never consider them low maintenance.
    Finally, I can't wait to see her reaction once she figures out how much dust and mess chickens produce in a barn (winter home).
    I won't even begin to think about predators and frozen water and all those headaches she knows nothing about yet. Hehehe.

Anyone else watch this week's show?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I didn't watch because I really can't stand that woman. And I really feel for those chickens. She has no clue!!!!

3. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    I was fine until you mentioned the rooster. Sweet peas, woman!! [​IMG]

4. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Songster

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    At first I thought she just had 6. Coop and run still looked too small . . . then she revealed she'd gotten 2 for each kid and I was shocked! The run was waaaaay too small, and it had 1" or 1.5" hardware cloth, and no material in the run. I wonder if they will last longer than the dogs? [​IMG]

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Hmm.... Sounds like she needs a visit from Nifty!

6. suzettex5

suzettex5 Songster

May 26, 2009
    California
    Yeah, this will last about as long as the time the Kardashians got chickens- as long as it takes to up the ratings, then those chickens will be heading to someones farm.

HEY!! I got a GREAT idea!! Lets start a "How long will Kate keep her chickens?" poll!! My guess? 4 to 8 weeks, max. Poor chicks.

And for the record, I dont watch the show- I think it is destroying those little kids. How are their little minds going to react when no one watches them/ cares about the show anymore?

OP- keep us posted??

7. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Songster

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    Quote:I say end of September:D

8. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    My guess is Mid-August.

9. smileybritches

smileybritches Songster

wow hope she doesn't come here for help [​IMG]

10. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Why? I was about to suggest that we try to get up with her. If all we are going to do is criticize the poor woman and not offer any help to her so that those chickens will have a good life, then that's not what BYC was founded upon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by