Katharina's German Cream of Wheat with Duck Egg

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by katharinad, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

link removed

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2010
  2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks lovely. I hope that in the bowl isnt a serving for 2....my DH wouldnt have a look in if it is.

3. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    That looks delicious, Katharina! Awesome idea. I haven't had cream of wheat in so long. So, does the duck egg just blend in with the cream of wheat, almost like it is unnoticeable?

4. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Looks yummy [​IMG]

I got every thing here, i just may have that for lunch sence i never have been able to eat breakfast at breakfast time.

Thanks for posting this [​IMG]

5. katharinad

Yes, the picture shows only one serving.
    CityChicker You whisk in the egg by beating really hard. That way you end up with one uniform look and texture. The egg makes it nice and fluffy, plus is adds more protein to it. It is also cooked in milk, which makes it very tasty.
    The recipe takes less then 5 minutes to make.
    Left over cream of wheat can be cooled in a cookie pan. Cut it into squares and pan fry with a little bit off butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over it. Gives you a nice sweet treat the next day.

6. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    We eat cream of wheat several times a week but hubby eats with a bannana in it would that still taste alright??

I needed another idea for the use of my duck eggs!!!!! Thank you

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  7. katharinad

You can add anything you like. No rule that it has to be strawberries. I think I will make it next time with pureed banana in it. I will leave out the sugar, since bananas are very sweet. A little bit of walnuts on top for some crunch. MMMMM sounds so good.

8. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    I am making it as we speak. I'm cold and hungry and this sounds easy and perfect!

9. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious. Very warm tasty and filling. All I had was canned apples.... but I warmed them a bit too and it is awesome.

Snakeman is the Cream of Wheat eater in the house. I always turned up my nose at it before. Well not anymore. So simple. Took me literally like 5 minutes and it was on the plate and ready to go.

Thank you Katharina. Can I share this recipe with my friends and family? I know my mom would love it.

10. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I made this for hubby and I this morning. I didn't tell him I had put an egg in it. ( LOL) I will make a few more times before telling him. I used the honey in place of sugar.. put a cut up banana in bottom of his , cinnamon on top and a little milk.. I had mine with cinnamon on top.. The walnuts sound devine on top.. shame on me the whole time I was eating it I was thinking of how good it would taste fried too.( my happy dead end doesn't need fried) LOL. I only made the 3 tablespoon recipe. will make the 2/3 cup on on box next time and still add 1 egg to it. Oh I used chicken egg for this first try. will try duck egg too.

Thank you Katharina

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by