Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
woman.gif

wee.gif
ya.gif

Just received a huge package from Kathy! Contained an entire quilt top, loads of coordinating fabric for completing that project, part of her impressive stash of fabrics in colors that both I and DH love, and one of those kit quilts with all the instructions and all the fabric to make it with. I cannot thank you enough, my dear friend. This will be a most creative winter for me!
hugs.gif
Next hatching eggs are on the house (maybe the next several batches, LOL)! Just let me know when.

Oh, she's sucking up to get The Delaware eggs!!!! (j/king) That is really awesome! Can we get some pics? I always loved quilting, even tried it but I just can't sew straight to save my life, or cut straight even with the roller.

Laney

This is great! I started a test run of the Hunters Star pattern and I didnt much like making it, so decided to put four blocks together (ran out of the gold in the star--the entire star was supposed to be that color) and make it into a tablecloth. Couldn't figure out what to do to continue it and could not find fabric that seemed right. Well, this care package Kathy sent contains two Jinny Beyer fabrics that are PERFECT for this project. Here's what she sent me, with my started tablecloth project close to the colors I'll be using on it. And the quilt top is also PERFECT! I put it close to my faded, old ratty comforter that I use now and the colors match! No wonder I loved her purple/gold/sage green quilt! She also included extra border strips and the backing fabric to complete it.
DCP_4209.jpg

DCP_4211.jpg

DCP_4210.jpg

DCP_4213.jpg

DCP_4212.jpg
Sorry, this picture color is off.

I admire people who can quilt. Beautiful work!

I would gouge my eyes out intentionally if I had to quilt.

I am always too lazy to do a lovely pieced border like she has on the purple and gold one. It's so lovely and so much work! I'll treasure it always. Now, I have a HUGE dilemma! What to start on first??????????????

That was so sweet Kathy, and the fabric is so beautiful.

Cynthia, what a wonderful winter project. I would love to quilt someday. I tried it once and it was a disaster, like Laney my lines just don't go right.

The other issue is the "addicting" one. I tend to get a little carried away and there might be no room left in the house once I got started on buying fabric.

Have fun Cynthia and we want to see the work in progress. Maybe it will change my mind...

I'll stick to my tendency to get a yarn addiction when I do get into the crafty things. Right now I'm stuck on my animals. I can't imagine having a yarn and fabric addiction. Yarn is more forgiving with the lines though.

Laney

Back
Top Bottom