Katie, 5 minutes of show training LINK WORKS NOW

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Redyre Rotties, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    What a gorgeous dog

3. Redyre Rotties

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    I am uploading this clip to YouTube right now so that it can be viewed by anyone. Even though I have my FB settings set to everyone, people who are not members are unable to view it. I figured out how to save it so that I could upload it to YouTube. It should be live in 30 minutes or so.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  4. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Thanks - I watched part of it last night until I got interupted by life (16 year old kept calling me about what to get people for Christmas)

It is interesting to see how focused she is on you. It is also good to see some perspective on her size. She doesn't look that tall in her pictures because there is nothing in the background to give any indication of her size [​IMG]

She is still absolutely beautiful!

5. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    Great clip, Redyre! Do you have a goal in mind for each session or are you just winging it? Doesn't seem all that different from teaching a horse to stand square. I use sugar cubes for that or sometimes those apple treat thingies. With the schutzhund dogs, tho, I don't use treats at all. But Dobies and GSDs seem to work nicely without it and I am not trying to instill the intense concentration on the bait that you need for the breed ring. But it is FASCINATING to watch you work!

Thanks for letting us watch!

Rusty

6. GothChick

GothChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Gorgeous! I show cats but they don't stand nice. I would love to start showing dogs but I could NEVER afford a show dog. How much to dog shows normally cost? Cat shows are normally $50-$200 for 2 days depending on the show and then of course there is the hotel room costs. Are dog show similar?

7. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Entry for conformation only is usually about 25-30/day. Breed specialty entries may be a little more.

8. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    so cute you can just hear her going Noms,noms,noms,
    are you going to just do conformation or also obedience or rally with her ?

9. Redyre Rotties

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    I expect she will be a very nice working dog. In addition to conformation, I would expect to do Obedience, maybe rally, probably herding, and carting. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by