How should I spell his name?

• Total voters
Pics

Everose

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʙᴏᴛʜ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟʏ.
Premium Feather Member
Jan 16, 2021
The Great Country of Texas
For those of you who love puppies and puppy pictures.

I rescued Cato and two other sibs in October (coincidentally pitbull awareness day is in October). The other two have been rehomed, but Cato is my boy🥰. His mom was hit by a car, but from what I saw of her around town she looked to be a VERY stocky and well built pit mix. I have no idea what kind of dog his daddy was. Cato was eleven pounds at about 7 weeks old, he is now fifteen pounds and only 8 weeks old😭. I thought I had rescued a medium weight but probably gonna be muscular and stocky type dog, I was originally predicting 50lbs, but if this chart is correct, he'll be over 100lbs, maybe even 130ish.
images.jpg

I have only ever had one other terrier breed. She was a BRAT! And had to be rehomed because she was so horrible. This little guy is SO SMART! He is doing alright with chickens but since this is my first time training a terrier breed to chill with the chickens I would appreciate any advice y'all experts may have.

I will update with pics as he grows!

(First week, second day home)
20211104_143357~2.jpg
20211105_100610.jpg

20211106_142353.jpg

See how nicely he fits into his little dog bed? Well, he's already outgrown it😭

Here he is more recently
20211121103145_IMG_1531.JPG
20211121103112_IMG_1526.JPG
20211121103538_IMG_1559.JPG
20211121103443_IMG_1550.JPG
20211121103354_IMG_1543.JPG
20211121103511_IMG_1553.JPG

He looks a lot like my Luc. He's a rescue from TX. I did the DNA test and he's mostly Pitbull and Boxer. I adopted him back in May when he was about 3 months. Using those weight charts, he was predicted to be 80-100 lbs but DNA test said 50 lbs. At 9 months he's about 55 lbs. I don't think he'll get much bigger, if he does at all.

As far as training, I kept him on a long line for the first few months. He got lots of exposure but wasn't given full freedom. He's naturally submissive so he listens well (when he's not lost completely in puppy brain). He has a high play drive but thankfully not a high prey drive. He learns quickly but still chases the chickens and ducks if he's in a very excited mood. Though I've noticed it's changed a bit into herding. I think because I taught him to herd my goats into the stall. He also helps herd the ducks into the coop at night. He'll stop chasing if commanded. He isn't let outside on his own when the birds are out but he is off leash now.

Here's Luc as a puppy right after adoption.
Lucpup.jpg

And a couple more recent ones. (Trying on his new hoodie for the upcoming winter weather.)
Lucpark.jpg

Luchoodie.jpg

20211119_105433~2.jpg

Somebody already needs a fifth bath:th

Kato LOVES Danny, and Danny seems to like him back. Danny doesn't have too much tolerance for puppy behavior and will put him in his place occasionally, but never too roughly.

Rose tries very hard to play with him, she also has to maintain her "boss lady" image though 🤭. Rose has always loved puppies, she's been bouncing with him and letting him play with her ball. She is a super amazing dog, and has always been an wonderful puppy mama.

Beautiful dog! I’ve been falling for a bit now 😂 I love Cato and all his beautiful markings!!! 💜
I love his markings too🥰
Here's his sis, she went to a very sweet retirement-age couple.
20211104_143259.jpg

I don't have a good pic of his brother, but he had a longer face and was chocolate and white, he even had a chocolate nose. His brother tried to bite me repeatedly, but he went to a very nice security guard and pretty much melted into her arms.

Adorable paws 😍 Does he have a lot of loose skin, like he's mushy? The only thing better than fat puppy feet is fat puppy feet AND mushy squishy loose skin. He'd have to be a big lap dog 😍
Yes! He's flappy all over. Everyone keeps calling him a fatso but he's clearly muscular 😩
20211118_155155.jpg

His candy cane addiction is probably not going to help his physique tho 🤭

Back
Top Bottom