1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Kat's Hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by katrinag, Oct 22, 2008.

1. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok I set my eggs Friday Oct. 17 and then some on Oct. 18. I started with 54 eggs. All where shipped to me from BYCers.
    [​IMG]

Did a quick candle last night, and tonight a good one. I had 16 that where clear or had a blood ring. The kids had to crack them open and make sure.
    3 more have a ? mark on them. I will check them again in a couples days and see.
    I am using a LG still air. Temp is holding steady at 100-101. Now that I have fewer eggs I will but them in the auto tunner tomorrow.

I also have 2 thermometers in there. 1 digital and one that came with the bator and they are reading about the same temp.

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Thats a FULL bator !!!!! Good luck, I'm sure you will get lots of babies !!!!

3. katrinag

I sure hope so. My last hatch was bad. Out of 38 eggs I got 5 babies. So I changed a couple things and now have my fingers crossed for more fuzzy butts.

4. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:Wow, thats stinks.... May I ask what you keep your temp and hum at day 1-18 ????

5. katrinag

Temps stay steady at 100-101. Hum. at 35% give or take a bit. I then up it to about 60%.

6. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:Well, Sounds good..... Thats just about what I keep mine at, I see no reason why you would have a bad hatch as far as temp and hum are concerned !!!!

7. katrinag

Tossed one that had a ? mark on it. It stunk.

8. katrinag

My kids where bugging me to candle again so I did. I have 11 that are wiggling away. 10 that show great veining but no movement. Maybe they were sleeping. 3 more with blood rings that also have a ? mark so I can keep my eye on them.

9. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    WOW !!!! What day are they on now ???

10. katrinag

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by