Katy, Here's Gabriel! Hawkeye's Little Understudy

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Nov 27, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Awhile back, I asked for help naming my Hawkeye and Lexie's little son and Katy's marvelous suggestion of Gabriel was chosen. Well, little Gabe is now 4 weeks old and I thought I'd post pics of the little guy. Also, in there is his sister, who is already sold and a couple of Ameraucana chicks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Boy, you can really tell he's going to be a big roo some day. They all look really good. Thanks for sharing.

3. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    What a sweet boy!

4. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    He is really something!

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Hey, Speckled, I was just wondering how many chickens you have in your flock. You hatch so regularly I was wondering how many you just could not part with. If it was me, I probably would keep every single one and have a flock of 1326 chickens by now. [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

I actually don't hatch that much, even though it may seem like it. Right now, I'm doing small staggered hatches in order to get more layers of my three main breeds going by spring sometime and I have to collect eggs in between customers. You're right, though, I am very attached to all my Barred Rocks and Ameraucanas, especially. They are so sweet with loads of personality, it's hard to let even the boys go, but I know there are only so many roosters a person can have on small acreage without problems...or many, many pens! Not counting any of the chicks, I only have 29 chickens, including the three roosters. I plan to keep a few from all the hatches, unless I lose someone and that space is open to be filled with another girl. So far, I haven't lost any birds, but my number will come up some day, I'm sure. I'm custom hatching for someone else, as well, too.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

He's quite the cutie....he seems to like to pose for the camera! He already has that rooster look to him doesn't he?
    Hopefully if I ever decide to order more eggs I'll get some of his in the future. [​IMG] Thanks for sharing.

Maybe one of these years I'll figure out how to post pictures here so I can share some photos. I have tried and tried and can't figure it out.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  8. speckledhen

Katy, the pic thing is pretty easy here. Probably just simple enough to be confusing, LOL. If you have your pictures on a photo hosting site, like photobucket.com, you click on the URL of the photo and it copies it. Then you paste it in your post input screen here. Then you hightlight the entire URL and click on the Img button above the input screen.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

Oh my gosh....I think I've actually done it...[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks Cyn!!!!!!

10. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

He's a curious little thing, isn't he? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by