Katy I went to Orscheln's today..

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tazcat70, Feb 25, 2008.

1. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

They have chicks. Silve laced Wyandottes. From Estes hatchery. I know, hatchery but......

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Which orscheln's? I was at Hutch last friday and they had their chicks, but no SLWs. I have to go to Newton tomorrow so maybe I'll check there.

3. tazcat70

I was in El Dorado. They were so cute!!! I am so proud that I restrained myself.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

You'll cave in to those fuzzy butts yet! Are you going to Yoder on Friday?

5. tazcat70

I am planning on it. But since something came up last minute last month I am not going to say for sure that I will be there until Friday. [​IMG]

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

The reason I'm asking is there's a chance I'll have to deliver my granddaughter to Valley Center and take a round about route to Yoder....so if you can't make it to the sale maybe we could meet there. I'm not 100% certain how it's going to work out yet.

7. tazcat70

Ok, let me know. I could pick up some chicks for you too if you need me to. [​IMG] I know how much you want those SLW. But if they are all roos you would blame me. [​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Thanks for the offer....we can touch base later in the week. And you are right....i want some SLW!

9. tazcat70

Ok sounds good.

10. greenmulberry

greenmulberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Iowa
    I got the Orscheln's Chick days flyer, and in the ads they had RIRs, Orps, Barred rock, ect. but also said minimum order 25???? I know last year you didn't have to buy 25??? They had big bins of them!

That better be some kind of mistake. I have been waiting all winter to pick up a few new chicks, but I only need 6!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by