1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Kawartha Lakes, Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by thekatbus, Jul 26, 2014.

1. thekatbus

thekatbus In the Brooder

I am a happy to call the Kawarthas my home. I moved here from the Greater Toronto Area almost a year ago and will never look back! Anyone out there from around these parts?

2. lovecountrylife

lovecountrylife In the Brooder

Jul 27, 2014
    Hey there, I'm from Ennismore. Ditto I moved here from napanee 2 yrs back and absolutely love it!

3. thekatbus

thekatbus In the Brooder

Do you live somewhere farm-ish or more "in town" ?

I live in town but that's sort of a joke to me, coming from Toronto! To me, town is country and country is mars!

4. lovecountrylife

Jul 27, 2014
    Lol I hear ya. I live in the country side but about 15 minutes from town

5. thekatbus

thekatbus In the Brooder

what's your chicken limit, out of curiosity?

6. lovecountrylife

Jul 27, 2014
    I have no idea I'm in the country but where my house is, is considered rural residential. It's stupid I live on 2 acres :( I would love to have a couple of hens hopefully selwyn township will change their minds

7. lovecountrylife

Jul 27, 2014
    That is how I stumbled across this site was I was looking for more info on backyard chickens

8. thekatbus

thekatbus In the Brooder

I hope you get to have them! They're definitely and adventure, so far anyway. Some days end in tears and others I am laughing. But learning as I go. It's worth it so far. But lots to figure out.

9. ashleechick1970

ashleechick1970 Hatching

Aug 4, 2013
    Hey there! Kawartha Lakes isn't far from me. I'm in Odessa, which is in between Kingston and Napanee. I'm rural also....15-20 mins between both towns. I have a 30 Big Feather Footed babies. As far as I know, there's no limit on the amount of chickens I can have where I live. In most towns/cites like Kingston & Napanee, I believe the limit is 5 hens and no roosters. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by