Keeper the button quail laying an egg pics

Discussion in 'Quail' started by monarc23, Nov 19, 2008.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    While I was downloading my cameras software on my new laptop I looked over and saw/heard Pippin (button quail hen) and Keeper (another button quail hen) standing in their self-built "nest" (an impression in their bedding they make everytime I clean out their tank) "talking" to one another, and knowing that Keeper and Pippin hadn't yet layed their eggs for the day I grabbed my camera because something was deffinatly going on. All of assuden Keeper stood up straight and I knew immediatly what she was prepairing to do! So I snapped pictures as she pushed out a big eggie (her second only egg). Pippin was either jealous or concerned and kept pacing back and forth and talking to her while she pushed it was pretty cute. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

egg plopped out and rolled right under her legs (she walked away from their nest in the pushing process lol):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and to end it off, the other night I snapped this picture of the trio (the silver is the male):
    Left: Kpax, Keeper, Pippin[​IMG]

2. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    you have way too much time on your hands.... [​IMG]
    nice job!

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Thank you so much for the pics. it is very interesting. I have a Silver Male that looks like kpax. Mine's name is Jack Dawson and yes my Female's name is Rose. Love Titanic. LOL.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    somehow i felt intrusive and a bit perverted watching that....[​IMG]......[​IMG]..got any more...[​IMG]..

5. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    [​IMG]

ur to much

6. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    [​IMG] Thank you! I homeschool and started hollering "Science, come look!" We are getting a chick-bator w/ quail eggs this week. Yeah! Thank you again. [​IMG]

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    That's Great Niki [​IMG]

Now i can' truly say ( i saw a button quail lay an egg [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    glad you guys liked it and to the "you got too much time on your hands" nah, I multi tasked. I was downloading software, and was sitting right by the desk that holds my quail...i'd say in the right spot at the right time with camera handy. I am after all an amature photographer...so any excuse to take pictures...... [​IMG]

9. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:lmao!!!

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    actually..it is very interesting monarc!....i cant wait till mine lay!...youre pretty good with a camera!..[​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by