Keeping an Incubator Clean While Running??

Sakiza

Chirping
Jan 30, 2018
Upstate NY
Hey everyone.

I’m in upstate NY. Waiting for some warmer weather. The once fluffy little ducklings are already starting to quack and they need to go outside soon!

We still have some eggs in our incubator. I want to put something (if I can) in the humidity tank so that I can keep the incubator as clean as possible. I am using a Brinsea Ova-Easy cabinet. Can I put some distilled white vinegar in the water tank so that it feeds it into the cabinet?

Will distilled white vinegar also work in the hatcher? Or could that potentially hurt the chicks, ducks, etc.?

I use distilled white vinegar for cleaning everything else in the brooding room. Love that stuff.

Also, how funny is Brinsea’s incubator name?? Ova-Easy.. haha

In the bators I don't wanna clean wells between incubation... since it hasn't stopped running since November, :oops: and I use 2 others to hatch in... I use my "own" little wells made out of yogurt cup, or tin foil lined in plastic wrap... whatever is the right size and shape to add enough humidity and fit inside still is. It has been difficult to do that for my hatching chicks though because they seem to be able to create havoc inside there.

I hate the smell of vinegar.. but I don't know. I do know that left long enough the wells do start to grow stuff in them. :sick

If possible, you can just quickly remove the water tank and clean and replace it.

Happy adventures! :)

In the bators I don't wanna clean wells between incubation... since it hasn't stopped running since November, :oops: and I use 2 others to hatch in... I use my "own" little wells made out of yogurt cup, or tin foil lined in plastic wrap... whatever is the right size and shape to add enough humidity and fit inside still is. It has been difficult to do that for my hatching chicks though because they seem to be able to create havoc inside there.

I hate the smell of vinegar.. but I don't know. I do know that left long enough the wells do start to grow stuff in them. :sick

If possible, you can just quickly remove the water tank and clean and replace it.

Happy adventures! :)

Thank you! I’m not th biggest smell of vinegar either but it sure beats a funky smell of bacteria lol.

Back
Top Bottom