Keeping Chickens entertained

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3, Nov 16, 2011.

1. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    When I come out to check on my chickens, they look board lol. What do your chickens have to keep enterained? Swing, ball, treat on a string? Just wondering. [​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Maybe they just need to do some people watching - looking thru the windows at us

3. frostbite

frostbite Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    0ops

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  4. frostbite

frostbite Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Storey's guide says they like watching television. How about installing a flat screen TV? With a well placed web cam, you could watch too.

5. oldorchardfarms

oldorchardfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    woodstock
    ok, well for non high tech and unreasonable things could be go to your local tsc and buy them meal works they go crazy about it, they love to scratch so sprinkle some crushed corn down for them

6. stickers

stickers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Hudson
    Funny, I'm trying to imagine how a chicken looks when it looks bored, could u elaborate? [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  7. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    Good ideas, but if I get an flat screen then its going in MY room. [​IMG] Mealworms could work, maby My chickens look board when I come out and there just standing there, and when I walk up they all run up to me like I'am the most intersting thing in there world [​IMG] Do you guys know anyone on here who has an chicken swing, toys ect?

8. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Mine always seem entertained when I put something new in the run. Straw, food, sticks.... Just something new to peck at.

9. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

We give our chickens an expensive and secure coop and run, good food, fresh water, nice treats...and we're supposed to entertain them to?

Really?

Gail

10. Mavrik

Mavrik Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Chickens are pretty self entertaining. If you want some excitement, throw a mouse in with them.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by