Keeping duckling water clean?

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
Florida
So, I know how ducks are. I used to have several and I used to endlessly change out their water, pools, etc. Right now I've currently got 2 ducklings who are going through their water every 10 minutes. Is there any way to keep it clean? I change it out frequently but they put loads of food in it (I know they have to eat with water). Just wondering if anyone has some secret method 😅. Also happy holidays all!

I wish I had an answer for this one and will be eagerly looking forward to others answering your post. I LOVE my runner ducks, but I am constantly exasperated by their never-ending mucking of any and all water containers, beginning when they are still tiny, cute and incredibly messy ducklings.

Happy holidays to you, too!

This water struggle is real.😂 Ive had them one day and its constant. They just got the zoomies and knocked the waterer completely over. They won’t go onto a rack over a pie pan yet. I can barely get them to go into a tinfoil pan with the waterer inside. Its certainly not keeping it clean, but it keeps a flood from happening.

good news is that I finely diced up a small,sweet tomato and now I am The OG.👸

Last edited:
This water struggle is real.😂 Ive had them one day and its constant. They just got the zombies and knocked the waterer completely over. They won’t go onto a rack over a pie pan yet. I can barely get them to go into a tinfoil pan with the waterer inside. Its certainly not keeping it clean, but it keeps a flood from happening.

good news is that I finely diced up a small,sweet tomato and now I am The OG.👸
The ducks from this post are adults now and are at least....'somewhat' cleaner 😂. I still love them to pieces though.

Back
Top Bottom