Keeping Feed Dry in the rain - cover ideas?

Kelster65

Chirping
Jul 4, 2022
Rockfield, KY
Hi all,
I'm SURE this has already been discussed, but I'm not finding threads on it. I feed my ducks and chickens outside in their run area which is not covered. My feeders are the hooded PVC/bucket no waste type which work really well. I put the rain/rodent protective disks in each night, but it doesn't always seal out the rain. We've had some hard rains lately and I'm wondering how to cover the feed areas. Even though the PVC is angled to keep rain out and the set comes with a gasket, it can still get wet inside the feeder and can create a big clogged up mess in the bottom of the bucket. I've seen where many have built an angled cover over top of their feeders, but it still looks exposed. What have you all found that helps keep the feed totally dry and/or also provides more protection from rodents? Thank you. :)

Hey, I've thought about that but wondered if it would just fly off. What kind do you have? The kind for a patio with weighted stand?
I actually have it in the hollow pole that constructs my run. But we are going to use a really heavy umbrella stand when we actually finish the run the way we want to. Lol which might never happen.... because what does ”temporary” mean anyway. :lau

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom