Keeping Guineas and Pheasants TOGETHER?!

chickenwhisperer123

Whispers Loudly
10 Years
Mar 7, 2009
Lincoln, Nebraska
A recent problem (grumpy mom) has made me move my birds out of the garage this weekend. (Guineas, Pheasants, and Quail.) I have a quail pen ready for them, but only one pen for the guineas AND pheasants.

None of them have shown any symptoms of being unhealthy, and the guineas I have had since they hatched (pretty much,) so I know they are disease free.

I have had the pheasants for about a week or two, and they are both doing great.

The Pheasants are this springs hatch, and the Guineas are this Summers, but both are fully feathered.

Would this be okay as a temporary thing?

Any thoughts?

smile.png

Not Good, Goldens Are By Far The More Docile Of Pheasants--- They May Be An Expensive/ Easy Target For The Guineas. And They Do Require Differing Care --- Not To Mention The Disease Thing. Just My Thoughts...

I would much rather loose a cotornix than a golden pheasant! The quial may be agile enough to get away from them. I think this idea is far better than the guineas.

I have kept my guineas with a pair of silvers for several months before I let the guineas free range with no problems at all. In fact the guineas sometimes try to go back in with them at times.

Back
Top Bottom