Keeping Silkies & Polish together

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Yvonnensilkies, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Yvonnensilkies

Yvonnensilkies Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2013
    Hi!!! I have 5 adult silkies (2 roos and 3 hens) as well as 3 Polish chicks all living together. The Polish chicks are around 2 months old now. I can see that one of them so far is going to be a Roo. My question is will the silkies and the polish Roos live peacefully together or am I going to have problems in the future with aggression? Thanks so much

2. silkiechick1994

silkiechick1994 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2013
    Paris TN
    All of the polish Roos I have ever had seemed to be really dominant and wanted to be leader of the flock! But if you keep them together then there shouldn't be any problems. When they get older they might have a few squabbles to see who is top roo but no where near as bad as if they just met. Even if they fought they are both part of the flock and no flock member really wants to harm another. But keep an eye on them for good measure!

1 person likes this.
  3. Yvonnensilkies

Nov 20, 2013
    [​IMG] Thank you so much, I would hate to have to re-home in the future [​IMG] but like you said, I will wait and see, as long as they grow up together I guess

4. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

I have had silkies and polish together with no issue. Only recently did my silkie rooster die of old age and my polish rooster never bothered him at all. He is not at all aggressive or overly dominant.

1 person likes this.
  5. Yvonnensilkies

Nov 20, 2013
    So the future looks bright then [​IMG] thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by