Keeps falling down and Threw-up?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MRNpoultry, Apr 30, 2008.

1. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    When my rooster was little he had spradle leg we kept the rope tied around his legs for 2 weeks. He is almost 2 months old now, when I put them outside he kept falling down and I had to help him up one time. He is eating and drinking, but when he was eating he threw-up stuff that looked like water. We have moved him away from the others.

Thank you very much for any help

2. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    I am afraid there is too little info here for me to even guess what might be wrong...can you describe the a little better exactly what you mean by "falling down"...does he seem to be lame?
    It is good you separated him... try giving him three drops of POLYVISOL Enfamil once a day for a week and see if that is helpful.

3. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    He is a light breed and all the others are heavy breeds, I think they might have been being a little rough to him. He just walks with a limp and will fall down on his side somtimes (This just started today). He is walking better right now.

4. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    I will buy some of that tomorrow.

5. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    He is doing a little better today. I wonder what made him threw-up?

6. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    keep him separated and limit his movement till the lameness subsides (chickens really do have weak legs) ...glad he seems to be doing better

7. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Thatw what we did last time when he had splayed leg. He is still doing a little better, they all moved to the main coop last night.

Since the last time when he had splayed leg his legs have shaked and he has been standing still alot with his head pulled in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by