Keet color help

SunHwaKwon

Crowing
6 Years
Jul 19, 2015
North Central Florida
I bought some eggs from a breeder and need help figuring out which colors I've hatched. I've used the online resources but could use help confirming. His colors that he keeps are pied (I assume pearl pied), white, buff , pearl, slate, buff dundotte,chocolate, blue and brown. I do not have any white or slate. I am certain of the blues, but iffy on the the rest.

One of each color:

Coral blue:

Brown pied perhaps? They are lighter than pearl.

Buff dundotte? They are lighter than the previous ones.

Similar to above, but grayish rather than tan. I have a lavender from my own flock hatched last week and these are definitely not lavender. I'll update with a comparison pic.

These are exactly the same as above but with white faces, chest, belly, and wings, so I suppose a pied version.

Quite similar to the previous two sets but lighter and slightly more tan hued and striping only on the head, none on the body.

I'm going to go try to catch the lavender now for comparison pics.

Last edited:
Okay, so maybe they are lavender and lavender pied! I am not used to lavenders having such dark head markings.

I keep coming back to porcelain for the last one, going through the descriptions, though it seems darker than what I would think a porcelain keet is!

Back
Top Bottom