Keet Feed Sugestions

BithellFarmsLLC

In the Brooder
May 30, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hi, I am looking for a place to order the starter feed for my keets (I know chick starter is not high enough in protein for them). Can anyone suggest any websites that offer quality feed at a reasonable price.

Thanks! My first batch is due to hatch around June 12.

Now why didn't I think of that!!
blushingsmilie.gif
Thank you so much!!! A couple more questions regarding feeding the keets ... Can they eat watermelon? If so, is two weeks of age okay to feed them watermelon?
thanks_sign.gif
When feeding anything other than starter feed, make sure the keets have an appropriate size grit available. As with anything, make sure the total amount of treats is not more than 10% of their total diet. If you have a garden and want the adults to not harm anything in the garden, Do Not feed them anything that you will be growing in the garden. They appear to develop their tastes at an early age. If you get them to develop a taste for something at an early age, they will remember it when they grow up and help themselves to it.

Hi, I am looking for a place to order the starter feed for my keets (I know chick starter is not high enough in protein for them). Can anyone suggest any websites that offer quality feed at a reasonable price.

Thanks! My first batch is due to hatch around June 12.
Try checking with your local feed stores. They will often allow special orders without shipping costs if you pick it up there.

Our TSC used to carry the Purina Gamebird / Turkey starter and grower on the shelves. It stopped doing so. I was told because it was a seasonal item... and I wanted to say, "Now is the season and you don't have any." They didn't have it available as an online option either.

Unfortunately, our local feed store recently closed - but I was able to get some online through Country Max and I had it shipped to a store for pick up - no shipping fees. They carry a starter and grower. I'm not trying to put in a plug for Country Max, even though I like the store, but these seem to be difficult to find. Good luck!

https://www.countrymax.com/Nutrena-Country-Feeds-Gamebird-Turkey-Starter-Crumble-50-Pounds/

https://www.countrymax.com/Nutrena-Country-Feeds-Gamebird-Turkey-Grower-Crumble-50-Pounds/

Yeah neither our TSC or feed store offer the 28% Turkey starter for some reason. I found 24% gamebird starter in smaller plastic bags on the shelf, and then found some Dumore 24% chick starter. I also add that Nutri Drench stuff to their water to help with whatever it's supposed to help with.

When feeding anything other than starter feed, make sure the keets have an appropriate size grit available. As with anything, make sure the total amount of treats is not more than 10% of their total diet. If you have a garden and want the adults to not harm anything in the garden, Do Not feed them anything that you will be growing in the garden. They appear to develop their tastes at an early age. If you get them to develop a taste for something at an early age, they will remember it when they grow up and help themselves to it.

Got it! Thanks! =D

Back
Top Bottom