Keet Leg Problems!

Keetkeet

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2020
Hi everyone. I'm hoping to find some answers here as my research has turned up nothing.

I have two keets that were surrendered to me. One is okay, but the other has a hard time walking as it's hocks bend both ways. The keet is eating, drinking, and growing, but it has trouble walking correctly. It can get to wherever it needs to be, but the walking just seems strenuous.

I believe they are about a month old now if that helps.

Thank you in advanced! I will provide a video link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HpXB3zDE0hK68BfEWDmWss20t0Ao2K61/view?usp=drivesdk
The Keet in Question

Hi everyone. I'm hoping to find some answers here as my research has turned up nothing.

I have two keets that were surrendered to me. One is okay, but the other has a hard time walking as it's hocks bend both ways. The keet is eating, drinking, and growing, but it has trouble walking correctly. It can get to wherever it needs to be, but the walking just seems strenuous.

I believe they are about a month old now if that helps.

Thank you in advanced! I will provide a video link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HpXB3zDE0hK68BfEWDmWss20t0Ao2K61/view?usp=drivesdk
The Keet in Question
Thanks for taking in these babies and welcome to Backyard chickens! I hope that you are able to help the keet.

That's how it looks on both of its legs but I couldn't find anything on double jointedness in guineas. It doesn't seem to be in any pain either, just walks funny.
I wonder if splinting both legs and putting it in a sling/chick chair would help. I think if I were going to try I would splint like this:
leg splint_1.jpg

I wonder if splinting both legs and putting it in a sling/chick chair will help?
I will try the chair, thank you. I tried to splint it earlier but I didn't make them tight enough and they just slipped off. 😓

Also they are being raised with chicks and the chicks have become pretty protective of it. They both snuggle it and let the keet tuck its head under their wings and everything. It's pretty cute

Attachments

• 20200604_000031.jpg
    20200604_000031.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom