Keet raised by Orpington hen

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by dudefromtampa, Aug 10, 2014.

1. dudefromtampa

dudefromtampa Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2012
    My Orpington hen went broody a few weeks ago so I put two guinea eggs under her. Lo and behold, they both hatched but unfortunately, one of the baby guinea didn't make it.

Three weeks later, the surviving keet gets along fine with just about everybody in the existing flock. I hope the picture turns out ok. I'm not the greatest at zooming in with my cell phone camera. But the keet is in the middle next to his daddy ;-).

I think it's amazing how the keet learns to act like the chickens and eats what they do. Even when the adult guinea wander on by.

[​IMG]

2. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    California
  3. dudefromtampa

dudefromtampa Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2012
    I am very sorry. Yes, I meant to post this in the guinea forum. Is there anyway I can move it there or does a moderator need to do it?

Thank you for catching that.

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Everyone is welcome here, but I went ahead and flagged your post saying you wanted it to be in the Guinea forum. [​IMG]

-Kathy

5. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    BTW, Cute flock!

-Kathy

6. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    No need to be sorry now you know where to come when you are ready for peafowl [​IMG] just repost your story over in the guinea forum and ginea folks will chime in, i got lots of guineas and i love them and i raise all my keet with whatever hatches around here under the hens [​IMG]
    there are several folks with peas that have guineas.
    Keets and the adoptive peahen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I see this thread was moved to the Guinea forum. I have Guineas, but only six of them.

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by