Keet raised by Orpington hen

dudefromtampa

Songster
11 Years
Apr 29, 2012
My Orpington hen went broody a few weeks ago so I put two guinea eggs under her. Lo and behold, they both hatched but unfortunately, one of the baby guinea didn't make it.

Three weeks later, the surviving keet gets along fine with just about everybody in the existing flock. I hope the picture turns out ok. I'm not the greatest at zooming in with my cell phone camera. But the keet is in the middle next to his daddy ;-).

I think it's amazing how the keet learns to act like the chickens and eats what they do. Even when the adult guinea wander on by.

This is really sweet!
love.gif
And they all look very happy!
clap.gif

We have lots of guinea and chicken people here in the peafowl department, but did you mean to post this in the guinea department?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/45/guinea-fowl

I am very sorry. Yes, I meant to post this in the guinea forum. Is there anyway I can move it there or does a moderator need to do it?

Thank you for catching that.

I am very sorry. Yes, I meant to post this in the guinea forum. Is there anyway I can move it there or does a moderator need to do it?

Everyone is welcome here, but I went ahead and flagged your post saying you wanted it to be in the Guinea forum.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

No need to be sorry now you know where to come when you are ready for peafowl
big_smile.png
just repost your story over in the guinea forum and ginea folks will chime in, i got lots of guineas and i love them and i raise all my keet with whatever hatches around here under the hens
big_smile.png

there are several folks with peas that have guineas.
Keets and the adoptive peahen

Back
Top Bottom