Keets

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JessaB, Apr 27, 2017.

1. JessaB

JessaB New Egg

Apr 27, 2017
    Hello everyone! I'm new here and have a few questions. I use a F I 4250 circulated air with egg turner. My temp is at a steady 100° and humidity stays around 70-74%. That is at lockdown temps. I am on day 27 with no signs of hatching. Lastnight I was watching and I think I seen little movement. I have refrained myself from opening the incubator. Should I be getting worried at this point? I started with 19 guinea eggs but one was not fertile, so I discarded it. I am left with 18 and before lock down I candled them and had movement in all eggs.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  2. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Birds on the brain Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    [​IMG]

Keets, how exciting! I hope you have a great hatch.

I'm not lucky enough to hatch so I'm no help. I'll tag some members that might have some answers for you. Good luck!

@pattyhen
    @Pyxis
    @WVduckchick
    @WalnutHill

3. JessaB

JessaB New Egg

Apr 27, 2017
    :welcome

Keets, how exciting!  I hope you have a great hatch.

I'm not lucky enough to hatch so I'm no help.  I'll tag some members that might have some answers for you.  Good luck!

@pattyhen

@Pyxis

@WVduckchick

@WalnutHill

Thank you!

4. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Simple things first, are you sure you counted the days correctly? (don't laugh, it happens alot! Lol)

Did you verify the temperature with independently tested meters? Incubators are notoriously wrong, so if temps were low, hatch time could be delayed.

26-28 days is a guideline for guineas, they can take longer or shorter with different variables. If they looked good a few days ago, I would bet you are just overly anxious. Been there, done that! :)

Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  5. JessaB

JessaB New Egg

Apr 27, 2017

I use 3 different thermometers. The eggs were about 19-21 days when I found them. I bought my incubator the same day, got it ready and put the eggs in there that night. I think I am overly anxious. Lol. According to all the threads I am doing it right. I guess I will try to be patient and wait. I had to leave the house because all I want to do is watch them in hopes of seeing some kind of activity.

6. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Do you mean a hen was sitting on them for the time before the incubator?

7. JessaB

JessaB New Egg

Apr 27, 2017

No. My guinea nor my chickens sat on them. I didn't think they would make it but I have watched them grow. Just a nest full of eggs.

8. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    I've only incubated one time before so I don't have to much experience with it. I think you need to count the 28 days from when you first put them in the incubater. I have a guinea hen and she was on the nest and off the nest then she finally decided to set full time. I am counting the 28 days from when she started sitting fulltime. Good luck with your eggs I hope you have a good hatch.

9. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Oh I'm sorry, I misread. You mean they had been laid that long ago. Ok gotcha, sorry.

Any action yet? :pop

10. JessaB

JessaB New Egg

Apr 27, 2017
    I had 1 just come out and 3 are working on it. 14 more to go if the other 3 hatch today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by