Kefir, Anyone make their own?

HeatherLynn

Crowing
12 Years
May 11, 2009
Kentucky, Cecilia
I get it from whole foods when I have to drive near it but sometimes that means not having any for a month. I would like to make my own and I know the kefir grains are easy to get online. How do you make it taste good. I get the lifeway stuff and its flavored. I hate plain yogurt so I cannot imagine enjoying plain kefir. What do you guys do to make it taste good enough that even the kids will drink it.

Check out MissPrissy's yogurt making thread. I think it has some milk kefir info in it too..
wink.png

Me I make Water Kefir...Water, sugar, fruit, with the clear kefir grains...
droolin.gif

ON

Yes I do my own. Add a banana and strawberries or pineapple or Vanilla to make a fruit smoothy.The banana covers the tarty taste.

I usually just buy Lifeway kefir at the local store,but wanted to mention they sell a mix or powder(forget which) at their web page.

http://lifeway.net/

Not sure if it is the grains type stuff,but I do like their kefir.

Yea the only place that I can get to that carries it is an hour away. The commissary on base carries it but I am not military so really only place is super far away.

I would like to have it more often. I will check out the missprissies thread.

I will try to make some of my own kefir if it's that easy!

I buy plain kefir and make a mix that has nothing but vanilla bean and fresh ground cinnamon in it. and another with molasses and ginger and sugar. It is very very well liked. Another real good one is kefir with mango pulp in it, the pulp is so sweet it doesn't need any sugar.

Back
Top Bottom