@Kelly Gwen

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by greyfields, May 7, 2008.

1. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I have greyhounds, too. [​IMG]

Someone wanted to say something to you, but comments aren't allowed in the photo thread.

Quote:

2. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    Hey!! Aren't they great dogs?? His name is Van Go (misspelled on purpose). Because of some changes in my life a few years ago he now lives with my aunt and uncle up in NY state... and is SPOILED ROTTEN!! I had him certified as a canine good citizen and a therapy dog... We used to visit childrens rehab hospitals and nursing homes in Boston. He was/is SO GOOD!

[​IMG]

His halloween costume that I made him:
    [​IMG]

Silly face...
    [​IMG]

3. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    We made the identical costume several years ago and won a $50 gift certificate. We currently have two, Ella and Tyson. He was proceeded by our beloved Shelby. Ella was our first who we got fresh off the track. Then, we decided we wanted to home seniors as long as we had time and space for them (thus Shelby then Tyson).

Don't get me started posting photos, though, or this thread will never end.

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]
    That Halloween costume!!! [​IMG]

5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    beautiful dog and wonderful costume.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  6. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    Greyfields, I feel so very dense not to have connected the 'grey' in your name to the dogs!

I have a friend in Ky who began with one grey (I know, they are like potato chips!) [​IMG], and has now been in grey rescue for some time.

She has fosters, and also her own dogs, which are almost always the difficult to adopt ones. She specializes in seniors. Some are track dogs, others not. They tend to use her to test for small-fuzzy drive, since she has cats.

They are greyt dogs, and I'm glad to hear that you enjoy a couple as a part of your family! [​IMG]

7. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    What a cute costume, KellyGwen! [​IMG]

8. KellyGwen

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    Quote:OMG I totally missed this in the first post! I was so excited about the greyhounds! [​IMG]

That wasn't messed with, actually, it was taken with my webcam when I was really bored one day... I just have makeup on in that one... haha...

9. KellyGwen

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    Quote:I like to quilt and I wanted to make my dogs cute halloween costumes that year...

This is what I made for my chihuahua... haha!!
    [​IMG]

10. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    OMG, I love, love LOVE greyhounds!! I used to work part-time for a kennel helping to train the dogs that raced them. Whenever they had a dog that wasn't fast enough or just wasn't race material they would find homes for them. So I had 3 at one point in time. My most favorite was Sally - she was lightening fast but too playful. She was SO fast she would do circles around the other dogs (who were running flat out) trying to play with them... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by