Kenmore mini freez? (PIC HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SarasNest, Feb 4, 2014.

1. SarasNest

SarasNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2014
    NH
    [​IMG]
    Looks like this one.....
    Has anyone tried to turn one into an incubator? I have one and hubby said we can try!! How did you do it?And did it work well?

2. Cooper Farms

Cooper Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    new sharon ia
    I have one but the problem was mine was to small to put a auto turner in it I can post some picks of it

3. Cooper Farms

Aug 25, 2012
    new sharon ia
    [​IMG]

This my first frigubator didn't work we'll cause u have to turn eggs by hand

[​IMG]

This is my second one it is a Crescor food warmer I can incubate about 350 at a time and I bought a dig thermostat from eBay for it

4. SarasNest

Jan 30, 2014
    NH
    Oh cool! I did the measurements and I could get 2 LG turners in there! I just need to do little alterations to make it suit my needs. I plan on using two lights, WHT, element from a LG(might be over kill) PC fan and a fan out of a portable heater. Sound like it will work? What about vent holes..where do I put them on something this big?

5. SarasNest

Jan 30, 2014
    NH
    [​IMG]

Tis is the fan

6. Cooper Farms

Aug 25, 2012
    new sharon ia
  7. Cooper Farms

Aug 25, 2012
    new sharon ia
    Incubators don't realy have vents I just open mine to check it once a day a fresh air goes in. I do not put water in mine till 18 days. And since I started that iam getting 95% hatches sometimes

8. SarasNest

Jan 30, 2014
    NH
    I have a water heater T-stat I will use..... for now lol. Thanks for the link I will keep that in mind.

9. Cooper Farms

Aug 25, 2012
    new sharon ia
    If u use a light builb male shure it is a halogen type it will handle the on off cycle much better with out burning out. And if I was doing it again I would put 2 builds in a circuit in case one burns out

10. SarasNest

Jan 30, 2014
    NH
    It is almost done! Had to change bulbs because it was holding at 101 at lowest setting.. I guess a 90 and 75w was tooooo hot! Going to take pics now. BRB

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by