1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Kent, England

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bokboklady, Sep 29, 2010.

1. bokboklady

bokboklady Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2010
    hi everyone, love reading these posts, so many people with a love for chickens, i have a specklety, a rhode rock, a black sussex, and a red sussex, all about 21weeks old and all laying, always get 3 a day, its like they take it in turns to have a day off ! [​IMG]

2. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    [​IMG]

From Montana

Nice to see more people join from across the pond. [​IMG]

3. stella14

stella14 New Egg

Nov 14, 2010
    Newcastle UK
    Hi, I'm also from across the pond. The other end on England to you Bokboklady, but that still make us near to each other than some of our American cousins living in the same state as each other!

Aren't there many Brits on here then?

4. cluckiemama

cluckiemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    welcome from Massachusetts! I'm wondering how my girls will do when it snows out...[​IMG]

5. stella14

stella14 New Egg

Nov 14, 2010
    Newcastle UK
    Last year we had the worse snow in England for 60 years. If we have that again ours might have a challenge too! I have read that they don't mind snow at all, but what we had last year would bury them if the attempted to walk though it!

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Hello from SC!

7. BillQuick

BillQuick Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2010
    I'm from Kent too! I live near Ashford. It's bloody cold at the moment but luckily my chickens are alright because we're keeping them indoors. We lost 8 to a fox a little while ago so we're renovating and securing their coop.

They love being indoors, they're practically domesticated now!

8. stella14

stella14 New Egg

Nov 14, 2010
    Newcastle UK
    I heard this morning on the News that they are predicting another severe winter in Britain brrrrr . .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by