Kentuckiana Corner

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ChickenCop, Jan 13, 2009.

1. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

I wanted to start a thread for both Kentucky and Southern Indiana. There appears to be quite a LARGE group of poultry "fanciers" in this region and would like for us to have a general centralized thread available.

Possibly making this a thread that covers intros, questions, trading, swaps, meetings, selling, etc in one "central" location making it available to everyone. While keeping day to day chit-chat to private messages (PM's).

Not wanting to step on anyone's toes just thought of a thread that would let us covers a ton of topics in our area in one spot.

Your thoughts?![​IMG]

2. matt-and-chikifae

matt-and-chikifae Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2008
    south-central indiana
    well I like the idea I live near bloomington,in and its closer for me to go to louisville than fort wayne or southbend whichh ofcourse are in indiana. anyway if anybody else from the area is planning on selling chicks of all sorts I'll be interested very soon.

3. ChickenCop

Matt,
    Glad you posted. I go to Mitchell often not far from you.....Hopefully this thread will generate some activity.

Got some langshan bantam and bb red OE eggs in the bator. If i get a good hatch I will give you a yell.

4. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    I go to a swap every year in Vevay Ind. it is in May I think, i get a notice in the mail. Nice little swap meet.

5. ChickenCop

Didnt know about a swap in Vevay, if you dont mind when you get the information let us know.

I know about the one in Milton Ky, just on the other side of Madison in the spring, nice setup they have there. Cant just remember the date, I think its like Mother Day weekend.

Ill have to look into it.[​IMG]

6. wyldehorses

wyldehorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Kentucky
    Hey all,

I'm in southern Shelby County, Kentucky.

Yolonda

7. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi folks! I'm in fairly far western KY, and would love to be in touch w/ more folks from this region and this end of the state, too. [​IMG]

8. seymore0626

seymore0626 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2008
    Hi to all!! I'm in Shelby county as well!!

9. billygoatgruff

billygoatgruff Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    Hey, I`m in Northern KY.[​IMG]

10. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    I'm Northern Ky, also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by