Kentucky Bird Fans

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by TwoBFlying, Apr 8, 2017.

1. TwoBFlying

TwoBFlying Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2017
    Hello,

I am new to BYC and live in Kentucky. I am trying to learn how to use the forums and I hope this goes to the Kentucky forum. I was hoping to make contact with some bird fans in my neck of the woods, Kentucky. I raise pheasants, quail and peafowl, ducks, geese and turkeys. I am trying to build my pheasant collection so if anyone has some pheasants or quail for sale or eggs for sale please let me know. Thank you for your time. I hope to talk to someone soon. Have a Blessed Day.

Mike

RiverStorm and Fernie like this.
  2. Fernie

Fernie Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi.
    I am a transplant from WI to KY. I live closest to E-Town. Where about in the state are you located?

We are rebuilding our flock. We have chickens. But I want to add some ducks, geese, turkeys and guineas to the mix here. My husband, on the other hand, says he is not into the birds, but he is just as picky and into them as I am. I was at one point thinking of adding peafowl, pheasants, and quail to the list of birds we will have here, but not a 100% sure on that.

RiverStorm likes this.
  3. TwoBFlying

Mar 10, 2017
    Hi,

Glad to hear from you. We live in Columbia, Kentucky which is in the south central part of the state. We started with a few chickens and ducks and things gradually expanded to the many breeds I mentioned in my original post. We always run across a new breed we like. They are all so amazing. We are excited, our first peafowl of the year hatched today. YAHOO!!!!

RiverStorm likes this.
  4. Fernie

We have had birds before moving here. We had a house fire and had to sell all of our animals. Relocated 700 + miles away. We are thinking we may do smaller numbers of several breeds rather than the larger numbers of a few breeds.

RiverStorm likes this.
  5. TwoBFlying

Mar 10, 2017
    Sorry to hear about the fire. I hope you like Kentucky. We have a few of several breeds. We really enjoy the diversity. If you run across anyone raising quail please let me know. Currently I only have Georgia Giant Bobwhite but would like some Gamble, Valley or other color varieties of Bobwhite. Anything you are looking for? I will see what I run across and let you know.

RiverStorm likes this.
  6. Fernie

Thank you. The fire stunk. Stupid squirrel has to get into the walls and taste the wires. Atm we are just taking it slow. I think next month we are getting guineas as the ticks around this place are horrible. We are looking at other poultry, but it is all in what I find and we budget for.

RiverStorm likes this.
  7. Aliana Cherpitel

Aliana Cherpitel New Egg

Aug 3, 2017
    Hello all,
    This is a first for me... I am located in Bourbon County KY and am in search of a goose... I aquired a Roman tuffed good from a neighbor that couldn't keep it anymore. He or she is without a companion. I have a small hobby farm with various other creatures (chicken, guineas, goats, rabbits, horses...). The goose who I refer to as Duck has more then less bonded with me and the dog. I don't like to see anything wandering around alone (4 acres free range Everything). I've checked CL and various other hatcheries. I don't want to spend an arm and leg on one. Not looking for breeding purposes etc. Just a friend for this dude. I realize it's late in the season for fowl. If anyone has a goose regardless of age, quality etc they would be willing to part with for an economic amount, that's somewhere in the Bourbon County resonble drive area, I would be more then happy to take it off your hands to provide Duck a friend so he stops knocking on the door constantly to come cuddle with us. Thank you all for your time on my odd request... And yes I did think about butchering it for dinner... However, Duck is a special goose. He's got a very good personality. I didn't aquire him with the pretense of food so not wanting to end his life at this juncture.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by