Kentucky Friiiiiied Chiiiiiicken! :) [PEEEEECHURES!!!]

little_grey_bantam

Songster
10 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Russell County
Girls are laying up to par and needing to sell eggs
smile.png
Time to save up for more birds, better bloodlines and feed!
smile.png
Plus, I can't stand eggies becoming omelets!!!

Assortment Package - I pick!
smile.png
You'll get a little of each!
$20 for 24 eggs
$30 for 36 eggs
$12 for 15 eggs

LIMITED TIME: I have Silver Lakenvelders who will be sold within the month to make space for my Wyandottes. Nothing wrong with them, we just need the pen space!!! Too many chicks! $5 for 1/2 dozen
smile.png
They are beautiful birds! These boogers came as extras from a breeder raising Bev Davis Marans - so I would think they come from pretty good bloodlines!

DSCN0688.jpg

DSCN0690.jpg

I have a pen of Speckled Sussex birds with some Welsummer hens. $12 for a mix of both, $15 for pure Speckled Sussexes! Birds came from Almish and some were shipped to me as extras from a Bev Davis Marans breeder!

IMG_0016-2.jpg

IMG_0014-2.jpg

IMG_0012-2.jpg

IMG_0009-2.jpg

I have a mixed Bantam assortment pen... I suppose there will be some purebred Black, White, Blue and Splash Silkies, but no guarantees. Also Red Cochin Bantams, Golden Seabrights, OEGBs (Silver Ducking + Red) and a Golden Campine hen. Roosters are Splash Silkie roo and Golden Campine Rooster. Oh and Turk, my Rhode Island Red Bantam Roo
smile.png
$3 for 1/2 dozen

DSCN0395.jpg

DSCN0418.jpg

DSCN0373-1.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

I have a French Black Copper Marans pen... with some Buff Orpington hens. Eggs are $40 a dozen, $35 a dozen if you purchase 3 dozen! If you're wanting some Buff Orpington X French Black Copper Marans, I can drop the price down to $30 a dozen. Expect 9 FBCMs and 3 BO eggs
smile.png

IMG_0021-2.jpg

Marans.jpg

MARANS-1.jpg

IMG_0019-2.jpg

I have Pure Cuckoo Marans - some are slightly feather-legged, others are clean. Some came from Bev Davis birds (from a breeder), others were just purchased from Amish or surrounding local breeders. In the pen also includes White Faced Black Spanish, a penciled mutt broody bantam (Red Jungle Fowl X Rhode Island Red Bantam), Australorp and Barred Rock hens. $15 a dozen with mixes, $20 a dozen without mixes.

DSCN0399-1.jpg

DSCN0694.jpg

IMG_0029-2.jpg

IMG_0028-2.jpg

Egg Pictures! Sorry for bad flash!
hmm.png

DSCN0591-1.jpg

DSCN0672.jpg

DSCN0706.jpg

DSCN0712-1.jpg

DSCN0718.jpg

Once it becomes less muddy and everyone is done molting and it's sunny and green and beautiful again, I will add new Peechures!
smile.png

Shipping is $15 up to 3 dozen eggs. If you would like to let me try my hand at shipping in different ways, let me know and shipping is free. HOWEVER, expect some broken eggs as I am "testing" on different shipping methods!
smile.png
Due to this, I will gladly pay for shipping if you purchase the eggs
smile.png

I rarely have broken eggs when shipped in my usual boxes and ways. I pretty much atomic-bomb proof those suckers! Wrapped in tissue, bubble wrap, stuffed in an egg carton, taped up, wrapped in more bubble wrap. Placed in a padded box and then more bubble wrap added. Box is bulging
wink.png
AND the box has lots of artwork and FRAGILE signs and what not!
smile.png

My eggs have been getting very good hatch rate! Nearly everyone has 50% hatch rate and over, most are in the 70%-90% hatch rate range! A few have hit 100%. I just tumbled 100+ eggs into my two incubators and have 2 more bators to fill up, so I am always keeping track with my fertility and hatch rates! Also, I love to keep in contact and help aid you in any way during the hatch
smile.png
So for a limited time, I will take off $10 on your next purchase of $20 or more if your hatch rate is less than 50% - please provide pictures! That is how confident I am!
smile.png
I know how upsetting it is to want so much to hatch eggs and have a low hatch rates; I figured this will help encourage you to try again!
smile.png

I can also ship eggs in insulated temperature-safe styrofoam boxes - however, expect a few less eggs or a few more (needs to be stuffed full to prevent breakage). Pricing on these boxes are $5 (boxes are $10, I'll split the cost!). Just inquire about these!
smile.png

Shipment occurs Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday - I can SHIP other days, but there is a risk of being in the Post Office!
PM or Purchase
smile.png

Please email me at [email protected] IF my mailbox is full (tends to always be full - sigh!)

Thanks!
Christine

Moo!
smile.png

IMG_0025-1.jpg

Buy eggs and you get these!
smile.png

IMG_0100.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pictures and thanks for looking through!
smile.png

Last edited:
Hey you! I tried PM'ing you 2 days ago! I have lots of pics of my new babies!
I rearranged the album, here's the new link:
http://s646.photobucket.com/albums/uu190/rmhorrigan/2010-03-05 Marans hatching eggs/

out of 36 eggs, 33 went into lockdown, 8 did not hatch (gonna open those up today)
25 BABIES!!

3 Black Copper
14 Cuckoo - I thought, but there's one that did not hatch.. so I have to figure out who's the imposter (lol)
2 B - yellow babies, 1 w/ faint chipmunk pattern, the other has very little feathering on upper legs
1 BO
1 CM x WFBS
1 CM x A/BR -- I think this must be the brownish one with a white face
1 dinosaur - grey silkie, has 5 toes and feathered legs, can't tell if its a mix or not
2 Spangled Sussex

They are adorable and doing well. I'm very excited!!! Now I have to decide who to keep and who to sell to my friend who's wanting a bunch!

Thanks for a great packing job and healthy eggs!

Quote:
I sent another Dinosaur egg to someone else who was hatching for a friend and now she's keeping that Dinosaur
wink.png
LOL
big_smile.png
YAY for your hatch rate! I'm glad you had such a good hatch rate!
big_smile.png
Everyone seems to get at least 25 to hatch out out of 30-36!

THANKS for being SOOOOOOOO patient and sorry for not responding... blah! Full inbox ([email protected]) and lack of internet!
smile.png

SO, WHO are you going to keep???!!!???!!

well, that's the hard part! I'm keeping about half of them!
especially this one:
100_4870-1.jpg

Can't resist that cute face! I don't know what it is, but according to the eggs that hatched it's most likely the CMxA/BR, even though the coloring doesn't make sense.
I'm keeping the dinosaur (silkie), 2 yellows, both SS (wish I could tell gender now!), 2 BCM, the CMxWFBS, and 4 or 5 CM!

I opened the remaining 8 eggs yesterday:
2 BCM = clear, 1 CM (the purple one) = clear
4 BCM + 1 LK = full babies!!
hit.gif
that was upsetting. I could tell one had just absorbed all the yolk sac, still bulging, but in there. the others did not absorb all the way. One had some kind of white, cheese-ish substance in there.
hit.gif
I almost had five more babies!! I'm thinking it had to do with humidity at the end, when I took out some of the babies.
rant.gif

Last edited:
Shame you're getting rid of the Lakenvelders. My daughter wants more since you only sent 3 eggs this time around, and I'm always up for more FBCM, I am just broke!
hit.gif

Okay, I have to inquire. If I go with another one of your assortments, is there a way to change up what I already received from you? Like I won't need or want anymore Welsummers, and if the Speckled Sussex that I also got from you hatch, I won't need more of them, but I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have more Marans, and some more of your Lakenvelders before you get rid of them. Is there something we could work out that way? I'd be willing to let you experiment on shipping methods to get the free shipping, seeing as how I am low on money. Let me know, k? Oh, and could we work it so I got the eggs around the 9th? That way they can go in the bator when the ones you already sent me have hatched.

Quote:
I can do that! I know! Shame on the BF for making me give up my Lakenvelders! I didn't like them at first, but once the rooster became the "head roo" I just fell in love with him
sad.png
Protects and cares for everyone, even other roosters! But we're either selling him to a gentleman who raises them down in the Gulf Coast or taking them for a 200 mile ride to a friend who really wants them. I'm still POUTING about it!! I said we could just set them loose like they've been doing roaming around, but NO!!! We need the space. Oh POO! I said we should just build the other 4-6 coops we were planning, but we may need to tear down our barn and rebuild our entire flock...

LOL, we're low on money too right now. I'm trying to scrounge a lot of money up right now so I can get up next year's flock up before it's too late! Want them to start laying eggs by Winter time
smile.png
Next year all of your eyeballs SHOULD fall out if I can get what I want
sad.png
Everyone gets such good hatch rates except for me that ughh...
sad.png
*pouts* I don't understand how I can ship my eggs out and people get 70%+ but when I hatch shipped eggs, I get 10%???? On some pretty new bators too!!??? I must be cursed...
sad.png
lau.gif

MY HOPES is that next year I will have the following: Blue Laced Red Wyandottes (we had our hands on them this year BUT ALL WERE ROOSTERS), Light Sussexes, Coronation Sussexes and hopefully, if all goes right, I'll have my naughty little hands on Silver Sussexes. I'm thinking about getting Blue/Black/Splash Orpingtons. The BF wants some Pumpkin Husley Gamebirds and I want Grey and Red Jungle Fowl (I have ALWAYS loved these guys).

I do want more Marans, but I don't know what to do - I love my Marans, but want something a little more marketable. I think I'm all Black Copper Maraned out, but I'm really wanting Birchen and Blue Birchen. Maybe even Wheaten and Blue Wheaten. I know for sure I want those Blue Marans that lay such dark eggs on here and maybe will get some Splash Marans - unsure as of yet! My Cuckoo Marans flock will probably be sold too - I might keep a few Cuckoo hens to throw into the Black Copper Marans pen though!

I want more silkies of course and I'm switching out my miniature OEGB bantams to Seramas instead, hopefully Silkied Seramas!
I want to have a backyard full of puffballs (Silkies) and miniature chickens (Seramas, Seabrights and OEGBs).

AND PLUS, you said you didn't want white egg layers
wink.png
HAHAHAHA Blaming it alllllllllll on me! *pouts* Lakenvelders LAY white eggs
wink.png
often stained due to my hay, but white eggs
smile.png

Anyways, let me know what you're wanting to do. I can ship 'em out a few days before the 9th so they reach the 8th, 9th, 10th, maybe at latest the 11th (just in case).
I can throw in some Lakenvelders and Cuckoo Marans eggs up the yin yang, but the Black Coppers aren't laying as well anymore and I was hoping to sell them at their high dollar price to pay for those pretty birds you want so much
wink.png
(The Blue Laced Red Wyandottes). I'll have 2-4 bloodlines going next year, so little inbreeding if any happening at all. Of course, expect some other eggs thrown in to add "packing" to the rest of the eggs (Bantam mixes + some pures since no one loves them lol). I don't know if I will have enough to get a full 3 dozen Cuckoo marans and Lakenvelder eggs
wink.png
and maybe a few FBCM eggs if they start laying again.

I would LOVE to try shipping out in these other boxes BUT I don't know how they will go. If you let me use that, I'll only ask $35 - you should get approximately 3 dozen eggs... and if I try the other shipping in the same boxes (I use those 18 cartons, but have 100 1-dozen egg cartons so why not use them?) I suppose the price will be the same! BUT you should expect some broken eggs, because I don't expect them to all arrive safely. I tried the 1-dozen egg carton and had 5 broken out of 36 ... I was heartbroken over those 5 silly eggs
sad.png
but 5 is pretty good, I guess seeing it as an experimentation
sad.png

But you know how my packaging skills are
wink.png
so please don't think I ship out broken eggs!!! LOL You just gotta let me know how they arrive so I can better it! If the other box works, I can probably make eggs cheaper because shipping will be cheaper, though not sure yet, I think it will take more padding! Oh who knows! I'm rambling! Anyways, let me know!

Don't PM me!! It's always nearly full!!! EMAIL ME! [email protected]
big_smile.png
Or send me stuff through here!!
Darn PM boxes don't hold NEARLY enough!!!
lau.gif
I have too many loving fans who come after me!!
big_smile.png
Or my eggs not sure yet! LOL

And for Gaeamama - I could be wrong and that Cuckoo Mixes mom could be the bantam, BUT I doubt it, her eggs are small and I didn't send any from her (she rarely lays me any eggs!).
big_smile.png
It's cute though pretty blue slate grey eyes
smile.png

Gaaah! You're getting BCM'd out!! and JUST when I FINALLY got some, I think one is a roo, and I can't have roos here, so that's the one I'm letting go.

Anyways, I think you ROCK!! you did a fantastic packing job and I'm very pleased with everything.

Quote:
LOL, I'm not BCM'd out enough to get rid of them. I love those darn birds despite how much trouble they give me (THEY ALL LOVE to hop out of the pen... and then make a fuss if I don't let them back in... ALL the girls run INTO me!!!!

smile.png
Don't be so sure! We've had 1 rooster out of gosh... 100-150+ chicks hatched out. I guess this is the second roo. All my BCMs turn out to be hens... no idea why. But I've decided to stop complaining!!!
big_smile.png

big_smile.png
I'm glad you liked my shipping! It seems the last box of eggs I shipped got smashed by the PO
sad.png
I've shipped approximately 15-20 packages this month and 0 broken eggs... only a few with hairline cracks and then WHAM! 3-5 broken eggs!!! *pouts*

*Grumble grumble* I'm a baby LOL

big_smile.png
Wait till I get more Marans... any certain kind ya like? Maybe I'll go based on what you like... I love the Blues, Birchen, Birchen Blues, Bleus, Wheaten Blues and Splashes... lol, so you can pick outta those and I'll start hunting them down. I think if I put Blues, Splash in with my BCMs it should'nt be too much of a big deal!!
big_smile.png
LOL

Back
Top Bottom