Kentucky just passed the best law ever!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabianequine, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Kentucky just passed the best law ever.....to be on Food stamps, Medicaid, or Cash Assistance for your Children or yourself, you have to pass a DRUG Test. Now every other state should do the same. People that work have to take a drug test so shouldn't they.

I've been wondering why this hasn't been going on already! I think it is a good idea in for all states, it should be the way it is to get any assisted money state or federal funded. I actually heard it is not passed but they are working on it....this was posted on my facebook.

How do you guys feel about it?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yes! Yes, YES! Awesome!!! Wish other states would follow!!! [​IMG]

3. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
    You're celebrating the idea of taking away people's medical benefits because of a drug test?

Failing a drug test does not mean that one takes illegal drugs. The drug test results can be entirely incorrect. I know this from experience, not news stories.

4. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I don't like it. I believe all should have a right to healthcare and the ability to feed their children, even if some misuse those opportunities. I'd rather have faith in a criminal than disbelief for the victims.

5. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Its common sense, if your on PERSCRIBED meds.... that does not count. Because you have dr's order to take those meds....
    Thats a totally different issue.

6. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quote:Its common sense, if your on PERSCRIBED meds.... that does not count. Because you have dr's order to take those meds....
    Thats a totally different issue.

You might already know this, but you can also fail a drug test just because you ate a poppy seed bagel that morning.

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I dont think you were a child raised by a druggie parent then....
    I take care of those children... its not pretty.
    And TRUST me..druggie parents DONT spend their welfare check to take care of their kids... they spend it on DRUGS.

8. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    I've had EXTREMELY STRAIGHTLACED friends from the military who failed a drug test because the tests are messed up. They eventually were able to prove their innocence but I would hate for someone to lose their benefits (including medicaid etc) due to a messed up false-positive on a drug test.

9. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
    No, it doesn't work that way. You can get a false positive on a drug test. It can show you taking other drugs than you actually take.

This happened to us. My husband nearly lost his pain management care because of a false positive on a drug test. He is in hellish, unending pain, and nearly lost the meds that keep him functioning because of a false positive on a drug test.

This is evil legislation. Evil.

10. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Quote:Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by