Kentucky poultry fancier

poultry1

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2015
Hi everyone I am in south central Ky about five minutes from Tn state line. I have had birds my whole life (as long as I have been old enough to go to the barn by myself). Had birds for over thirty years I guess! All kinds but now for several years I have stuck with chickens. Hatched my first setting from eggs I begged my dad to stop and ask if I could have some. Lady was thrilled to give me some because I was only about ten years old and told me not to get my hopes up. I had saved up and bought a hovabator. Had a great hatch and never looked back or stopped for that matter (but wife wishes I would slow down)!

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Congratulations on your successful hatches. I've used Hovabators myself and they are good incubators. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with many more hatches. :eek:)

Thanks for the welcome and I will have lots of questions with time as I still don't know all there is to know about poultry (and never will) but I'm sure going to try!

Great that you were determined. I was like that as a kid, wanted dogs, got dogs, showed & bred dogs, trimmed dogs, wrote for dog magazines etc. Started at 12. My parents did not like having the dogs.

Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. We are the greatest enablers you will find. No one will ever say you have too many. So nice to have you in the flock
frow.gif

Thanks drumstick this is interesting as I to have always loved dogs and raised several tree dogs (these May not have been your type) and loved to read about dogs bought way to many books and subscriptions.

Back
Top Bottom