Kentuckychicks!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kentuckychicks, Sep 15, 2013.

1. kentuckychicks

kentuckychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2013
    Kentucky
    I'm so addicted to this site! Planning on getting our first chickens this spring. Just started our chicken coop via the cross keys coop on this site. And I've decided to go with buff orpingtons due to favorable reviews on this site. (was chased by a very mean rooster as a child and don't want to summit my small children to that terror!) Keep up the wonderful posts im learning so much! :)

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome!

3. kentuckychicks

Sep 15, 2013
    Kentucky
    Thanks

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. kentuckychicks

Sep 15, 2013
    Kentucky

......im from Kentucky is that welcome or are you challenging me to a quick draw? o_O :)

6. Triple Willow

Triple Willow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2013
    About the roosters... some are more agressive than others but the ones people make pets out of usuallly begin attacking them eventually. So my advise, make pets out of the females if you want to but the males DON'T.

Welcome to BYC! :)

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us! I got attacked by the neighbours' rooster when I was a child, but now, ironically, my roosters often turn out to be my favourite members of the flock. It depends on the individual roosters, I guess, but some breeds are definitely friendlier than others.

8. kentuckychicks

Sep 15, 2013
    Kentucky
    I have all these questions?!?!?? Lol and for every question i find the answer to I've got twenty more! Is there a newbie forum that Im missing? I want to know about small kids and chicken handling? I want to know about heritage birds (is that the right term even) versus chickens from tractor supply ect. Are they more aggressive? Know anywhere I can buy heritage orpingtons? Is it worth the extra money? Lol those are just a few!

9. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by