Ketogene anyone?

Loopeend

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
Due to epilepsy I need to eat a ketogene diet.
This means no sugars in what for soever; no fruit, no rice, grains, potatoes (oh I miss potatoes), sweet potatoes, carrots.. and offcourse no sugars we all know like in softdrinks etc.
And I need to eat a LOT of fat.

Keto-diet is now popular as a weight-losing diët. The problem is that this is not actually following the medical rules of the keto-diet. It is often 'losely based' to quickly lose weight. Due to this I have a hard time to find recipes.

Since this is a multi-culrutal global forum I hope to get some recipes!
I already found out the pork rind that we eat here as chips/crisps is used in many kitchens as a subsitute for bread crumbs/panko. Which is delicious by the way. And what a great find for me! Since I love eveything breaded..

Do you have fatty recipes?

Raptorchick

Serama-mama
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2018
Pine Grove, CA
I'm going back to a keto diet in a couple weeks. Mine isn't for diagnosed reasons, only that sugar makes me feel crappy. Idk I'd this would help you, but I found a free app called Lazy Keto, it has all kinds of recipes with nutrition info, and you can narrow your search options.

Loopeend

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
I'm going back to a keto diet in a couple weeks. Mine isn't for diagnosed reasons, only that sugar makes me feel crappy. Idk I'd this would help you, but I found a free app called Lazy Keto, it has all kinds of recipes with nutrition info, and you can narrow your search options.

Thanks, I will try that out!
I think I also have a hard time because all of the recipes are a bit the same, and really focused on the local cuisine. If I search them in English I allways end up with American recipes with pull-porked, advocado's and sweet potatoes, if I search it in Dutch is is pumpkins and brussels sprouts and herring eveywhere... I neither want to eat avcoado's eveyerday or pumpkins.. it's not broad enough that I think it is healthy. I believe in variety :p
I have found some some new recipes from kitchen's I am not acustomed to. Like polish, Chinese, Hungarian, Japanese that have national dishes that already are keto and have been forever. New techniques; some country's make a sauce thicker with raw egg-yolk instead of how I learned it with flour. And I can't have flour, love sauce, so these other cultural things are perfect.

Top Bottom