(Key West) I am leaving on a jet plane on Friday morning....Pics***

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bec, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

and heading to Key West, Florida!!!! I am going for my brothers wedding but so excited to go to the chicken store on Duval Street!!! I was reading all about it and can't wait to see all the chickens down there!! My family said...Leave it to Bec to find the only chicken store in Key West!! Unless there are others?? Has anyone been there or live in Key West???

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    You know you're addicted when.....

3. Bec

[​IMG]

4. Easter_pink_silkies

Easter_pink_silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    No, ive never been, but i have a friend who lives there and always speaks of the TONS of homless chickens that roam the street [​IMG]

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I heard they had a little trouble with the chickens in Key West, but I'm not sure if the Chicken Store is still in business, I hope so.

See if they're website is good:

www.TheChickenStore.com

6. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Hi Bec! Have a safe and wonderful trip! [​IMG]

7. WisconsinChick

WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Luck you, getting to fly. Both times we had to drive...not fun. It was awesome when we finaly got there though. Have fun!

8. Bec

I was reading and one site said that it is illegal to harm any of the chickens, but some of the more rowdy roosters get relocated to farms that they can live out their lives and not get sent to the butcher.

I guess you can adopt them, but how would I ever get it home...my DH would flip if he even knew that thought crossed my mind!!!

9. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Great. Now I'm gonna be singing John Denver all night. Poor, poor neighbors...

Have a great trip! In spite of the John Denver reference I'm completely jealous. I have always wanted to go to the Keys. Take lots of pics for us.

[​IMG]

10. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Quote:It's my home.
    Good. There is a rescue down there. Tons of chickens need homes. I tried to catch a momma and her babies about 3 months ago but they fly real good. Good luck. Them people that reside 3 months out of the year here hate them. They're not just in Key West. Them Gypsy birds are everywhere in the keys wild. Tiny little thangs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by