(Key West) I am leaving on a jet plane on Friday morning....Pics***

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
and heading to Key West, Florida!!!! I am going for my brothers wedding but so excited to go to the chicken store on Duval Street!!! I was reading all about it and can't wait to see all the chickens down there!! My family said...Leave it to Bec to find the only chicken store in Key West!! Unless there are others?? Has anyone been there or live in Key West???

Last edited:
big_smile.png

I was reading and one site said that it is illegal to harm any of the chickens, but some of the more rowdy roosters get relocated to farms that they can live out their lives and not get sent to the butcher.

I guess you can adopt them, but how would I ever get it home...my DH would flip if he even knew that thought crossed my mind!!!

Great. Now I'm gonna be singing John Denver all night. Poor, poor neighbors...

Have a great trip! In spite of the John Denver reference I'm completely jealous. I have always wanted to go to the Keys. Take lots of pics for us.

clap.gif

Quote:
It's my home.
Good. There is a rescue down there. Tons of chickens need homes. I tried to catch a momma and her babies about 3 months ago but they fly real good. Good luck. Them people that reside 3 months out of the year here hate them. They're not just in Key West. Them Gypsy birds are everywhere in the keys wild. Tiny little thangs.

Back
Top Bottom