Khaki campbell cross not sure

Flowerpot2424

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 9, 2013
hi i have bought 4 dark female kharki campbells, and i thought they were supposed to be all browns, upon close inspection or not that close, 2 of them have a blue stripe just as the pic, i know they are girls as they have been laying for ages now, can anyone please tell me if they are crosses and what with if poss, i have borrowed a pic from someone who posted on here, i hope they dont mind
Thanks Gail

welcome-byc.gif

You may have Khaki x Rouens, from the look of it. How big are they?

Hi thanks for replying, the male i have is a pure kharki campbell got him off someone else and he is a very big bird, the ones with the blue on are abit bigger than my pure kharki campbell females hope this helps
thanks

Khaki's dont get the blue striping on their wings, that close up picture you posted looks very Rouen (production) looking with the feather coloring, penciling and wing stripe.

Khakis are also not a large bird and should be smaller than rouens, pekin, silver appleyards. Ours are even smaller than our Ancona ducks

Last edited:
definitely a cross of some sort going on with the one to the back in the picture with the wide white mark on the neck. Neither are a khaki campbell, pretty girls though

Last edited:
Hi if i was to sell the eggs of these ducks fertalised by my Khaki Campbell drake,what would you put as the cross kharki campbell x what?
they are laying every day and have for about 2 months
Thanks and yes i think they are very pretty
Gail

they look production/hatchery rouen (productions are much smaller than the giant pure rouens) or a mallard cross (all domestic ducks are mallard derived though so similar patterns can pop up from all sorts of crosses.

I would just list them as mixed bred duck eggs since you dont know the background of the girls. Better to not say, than say something you are positive on as far as breeding.

hi i have bought 4 dark female kharki campbells, and i thought they were supposed to be all browns, upon close inspection or not that close, 2 of them have a blue stripe just as the pic, i know they are girls as they have been laying for ages now, can anyone please tell me if they are crosses and what with if poss, i have borrowed a pic from someone who posted on here, i hope they dont mind
Thanks Gail

Back
Top Bottom