Khaki Campbell Ducklings - 2 hens 1 drake

Eggscoozme

Songster
9 Years
Oct 25, 2014
Michigan
I heard ducks proliferate (sp?) like mice, so between that and how dirty they are have opted to purchase the "trio" set at Cacklehatchery - 2 females 1 male. Can anyone tell me if 2 females will be enough for the drake or are they going to be pretty beat up? This is my first time EVER posting on BYC. I Love This Site. People are so friendly, knowledgeable, and passionate. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to retrieve responses to this post. LOL

I heard ducks proliferate (sp?) like mice, so between that and how dirty they are have opted to purchase the "trio" set at Cacklehatchery - 2 females 1 male. Can anyone tell me if 2 females will be enough for the drake or are they going to be pretty beat up? This is my first time EVER posting on BYC. I Love This Site. People are so friendly, knowledgeable, and passionate. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to retrieve responses to this post. LOL
Welcome to BYC

as far as if 2 ducks to one drake will work well that is something you won't know for a while but I can say My Muscovy drakes 2 ducks each and it is working out okay. I'd like to have at least 1 more duck for each but don't have the room right now. Only thing I noticed last year was some were missing neck and head feathers but that is natural anyway during mating season, as long as they don't actually get pulled down to skin and have wounds then we'd have to step in. Ideally 3 ducks is better to 1 drake.

You won't know till later down the road. I think it just depends on your drake. Mine has 5 girls and things have been going well. I don't know if I would want to add another male to my flock as he is getting around pretty well at the moment. Granted my girls are still a bit young (15 weeks) so is a few months I will know better how things are going. I think as long as you know to watch out and step in as needed and have a plan b you will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom