Khaki Campbell Egg Color

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ang, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    I think I got my first khaki campbell egg today. My ducks and geese occupy half of the coop during the night. During the day the chickens have access to that half as well. This morning I let the ducks and geese out and found an egg on the floor of the coop. The kids did chores last night so I am not sure if they missed a chicken egg or if on of my khakis laid this morning. It is a very light tan color and I just read that khakis lay white eggs. So, could it be a duck egg? I guess I could crack it open and see what it looks like inside.

2. Fast Chick

Fast Chick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2008
    my khakis very from very light cream eggs to well khaki eggs. [​IMG]

3. Ang

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Oh, goody! I really think this is a duck egg. Its shell does not look or feel like a chicken egg. The only other ducks I had laid huge black or grey eggs so these smaller light colored eggs are new to me. But the shell looks and feels like a duck egg.

4. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    My Khaki's lay a whiteish/green egg. They feel like they are a little on the waxy side. I write the date on all of my eggs with a pencil and when I get to the duck eggs it almost feels like I'm writing with a crayon.
    Does that make any sense?

Jayare

5. Ang

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Definitely a duck egg! There was another one this morning. I am thrilled to have duck eggs again! w00t! Thanks for the replies, too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by