Khaki Campbell Gender ID? Pic included!

Totes Quackers

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Melbourne
I have a 14 week old Khaki Campbell duck named 'Hendrix'.. I have had Hendrix since he/she was 1 day old. I assumed at around the 8-10week mark Hendrix was a girl, I know Hendrix' parents and she is identical to Mum.. However! Now at 14 weeks Hendrix' 'quack' is dry and raspy and not really a 'quack'... so could Hendrix in fact be a he??? Hendrix is around 8 weeks in this pic, size and colour are pretty much the same now at 14 weeks.
87049_7_weeks_old_2.jpg

I'm watching for an answer here too. I have three ducklings that look just like this, except one has no yellow at the throat.

HI there, I've had campbells for a few years now. From my experience, the males and females all look the same for the first 3-4 months. The males heads with turn a bit darker (sometimes a little greenish), and my males all have orange feet while me females have black feet.
But after about 4 weeks, the males quacks will turn raspy and they are a lot quieter than the females when you pick them up. The females have a much louder and ear piercing quack.
You say Hendrix has a raspy quack, I'm going to say its a drake.

What is the color of the bean on the end of the bill? Also are the feathers on the wing feathers closed to the spine outlined are the feathers uniform in color? They can be sexed this way.

Thanks so much everyone, definately a very quiet and raspy little 'quack'. There's no curl in the tail feather as yet. I've been calling Hendrix a 'she' for so long.. will have to get used to saying 'he'.. ! Sad there won't be any eggs
sad.png
But the whole family love Hendrix, super friendly little quacker with a tonne of personality!

Back
Top Bottom