Khaki Campbell questions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Coolbirds1, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Coolbirds1

Coolbirds1 New Egg

Mar 14, 2017
    Hi all and thanks for having me as part of Backyard Chickens.
    I'm the new proud owner of 2 Khaki Campbell ducks and needed to get some advice. I currently have 5 hens in my flock. 3 Rhode Island Reds and 2 Barred Rocks. They get along great with my 5 and 2 year old children and we consider them part of our family. Awesome egg layers and very hardy. Great girls. My question is if there is a way to tell the sex of our Khaki Ducks. They are about a week old and growing FAST! I want duck eggs and wasn't planning on adding Drakes to the flock. Any specific colors, traits, or anything else at this stage that can help me identify their sex would be greatly appreciated. They will be cooped with the hens when they are old enough and can hopefully get along together. Thanks
    Anthony

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Anthony, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! I would refer to the experts in the Ducks Forum:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks Hopefully they will be able to assist you with your quacker questions! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

3. Coolbirds1

Coolbirds1 New Egg

Mar 14, 2017
    Thanks for info

4. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I hope the members over on the duck forum can help you out.

It's nice to have you join us!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Anthony. I've never had Khaki Campbells (or any ducks) but, I really like their looks. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. [​IMG]

6. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
  7. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Welcome to BYC!

Most sexing traits/color will only be noticeable before one week of age.At two months you can tell the sex by there voice.When you pick them up drakes will make a quiet raspy noise while females will make a loud quack.Good luck with your duck adventure!

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Anthony [​IMG] Welcome!

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! There is an unbelievable source of great knowledge on here and wonderful, friendly folks! I do hope you'll make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by