Khaki Campbell sitting on eggs!

capduf

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 24, 2012
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
We have a Khaki Campbell duck sitting on eggs in their duck house. This is the first duck we have had sit for more than 4 days and in a 'normal' safe place. The other ducks seem to be laying in her nest and then she goes back on it. I know it is early days!! But I'm so excited but trying not to get my hopes up. I know that their reputation for sitting is not good but surely some of them have to be good at. Would appreciate ANY advice! Have three drakes that house at night with them.

She is in a safe, secure duck house. Door open during the day, closed at night.

Just counted 8 eggs. Is this good, bad?

We have a Khaki Campbell duck sitting on eggs in their duck house. This is the first duck we have had sit for more than 4 days and in a 'normal' safe place. The other ducks seem to be laying in her nest and then she goes back on it. I know it is early days!! But I'm so excited but trying not to get my hopes up. I know that their reputation for sitting is not good but surely some of them have to be good at. Would appreciate ANY advice! Have three drakes that house at night with them.

She is in a safe, secure duck house. Door open during the day, closed at night.

Just counted 8 eggs. Is this good, bad?
8 eggs is fine, as long as you want 8 ducklings. she is sitting all the time now? you may have a broody, You may want to mark the eggs so you can keep track of whats what, Because you may end up with 20 plus eggs before it's all said and done. And you can remove the excess you don't want her to hatch. I think when it gets close to hatch day you'll want to have drakes in another place separate from mama and ducklings, actually I always let mama and duckling have their own space for a while because even other ducks not just drakes can be mean new new ducklings. Congrats and keep us updated on progress. And
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom