jess22

In the Brooder
Oct 17, 2016
I have a female that I raised from an egg. She is a about 3 1/2 months old. She's is an inside duck and she does this weird thing and was wondering if anyone knows what she's doing. Sometimes when I walk near her she'll get real low to the ground and just lays there till I pick her up. Usually she runs away when you try to pick her up because she thinks she's going back in her cage.

PatrickRoo

Songster
Jun 2, 2017
I have a female that I raised from an egg. She is a about 3 1/2 months old. She's is an inside duck and she does this weird thing and was wondering if anyone knows what she's doing. Sometimes when I walk near her she'll get real low to the ground and just lays there till I pick her up. Usually she runs away when you try to pick her up because she thinks she's going back in her cage.
She's most likely just excited. :)

Debs Flock

Crossing the Road
Apr 28, 2015
Jefferson County, MO
It sounds like she's showing a submissive posture. :thumbsup

Top Bottom