Khaki Campbells?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by conroy, Aug 15, 2010.

1. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Hi I was told these were Chocolate Runners when they were babies... but now they look more like Khaki Campbells....I have 4 Rouens as well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I'm no good at duck breeds. Still trying to learn! They sure look happy in that pond, I'm hoping to do something like that someday.

Don't know what happened, but your post showed up 3 times, all at 8:21 a.m. Weird. [​IMG]

3. conroy

Oct 10, 2008
    Idk how that happened either... I clicked it and then nothing happened... the page didn't change... then i clicked it again... then 2 came up and I was like uh oh [​IMG] then like 2 mins later a third one popped up [​IMG] I sent a pm to Nifty apologizing lol... I couldn't do it again even if I tried...

Anyways the woman I got the ducks from told me they were runners... but someone said to me that they were awfully fa for runners... I was like...hmm... cause the woman I got them from wasn't 100% sure.... then I saw a picture of a Khaki Campbell and thought they sure looked like that.... idk [​IMG]

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I have no clue about KCs, but those aren't runners.

LOL at the multiple posts, it happens when things get really slow. Click like crazy and all of the sudden.... [​IMG]

5. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Cant really tell but one does look like mine here is a pic hope that helps you
    [​IMG]

6. conroy

Oct 10, 2008
    Quote:Are those Khaki Campbells?

7. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin

Yes, those are Khaki Campbells. And I'd say so are your "Runners", conroy. Although, Runners DO come in Khaki - the exact same color as a Campbell - but yours don't have the upright, Runner carriage, they have a pretty perfect Campbell shape to them. They're very pretty! [​IMG]

Here are my two Khaki Campbell girls, Juniper & Holly:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2010
  8. conroy

Oct 10, 2008

Yes, those are Khaki Campbells. And I'd say so are your "Runners", conroy. Although, Runners DO come in Khaki - the exact same color as a Campbell - but yours don't have the upright, Runner carriage, they have a pretty perfect Campbell shape to them. They're very pretty! [​IMG]

Here are my two Khaki Campbell girls, Juniper & Holly:
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4387671995_21f2b1da29_z.jpg

Thanks!! I am convinced now they are Khakis... I have to go change my signature now. Your birds are really pretty too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by