Khaki egg laying habits?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by RavenStorm, Mar 10, 2009.

1. RavenStorm

RavenStorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    As some of you know, I was freaking out a while back that my 26-week old Khaki wasn't laying, and then the next day after I posted here she laid. Well ever since February 21st she has laid without fail every day, but today no egg. Is it normal when they first start out to start and stop like this?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  2. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

absolutely. They won't lay every single day anyway, that you've gotten eggs every day since 'march 21', I assume you mean February 21, is lucky indeed. Count your blessings, not your eggs [​IMG]

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    =O) my khaki has been laying everyday since the weathers been nice. i guess shes a bit of an overachiever.... but she also carrys a drake around on her back.... lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
  4. RavenStorm

RavenStorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    chickensducks&agoose :

absolutely. They won't lay every single day anyway, that you've gotten eggs every day since 'march 21', I assume you mean February 21, is lucky indeed. Count your blessings, not your eggs [​IMG]

Lol, yep, you are right! Thanks for the tip, I just fixed that.

I just worry about her is all, she is my baby after all and I just want to make sure she is healthy.​

5. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Mine is just a year old, not even. She started laying about three weeks ago. She laid one egg, then none the next day, then one every day for about two weeks, then one day off. Seems like she takes one day off every two weeks. Impressive!!

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    They do take a day off here and there. My runner is the same way my khaki was.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by