Khaki sitting on eggs

klim1972

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2017
Lake ariel PA
I have 3 males and one female and have had no eggs now out of the blue the female is sitting on 4 of them in a beds she made in there coop , my question is will they hatch into ducklings?

I'm sorry I wasn't to not be sarcastic but i can't help it...

If they are fertile and are duck eggs I think your good. Not sure one how ducks do thier egg thing but it sounds like she might have been hiding eggs

I have 3 males and one female and have had no eggs now out of the blue the female is sitting on 4 of them in a beds she made in there coop , my question is will they hatch into ducklings?
If fertile? Yes they will hatch...You have way too many Drakes for that one poor Hen though..Separate before hatch or the Drakes can kill the hatchlings..

I'm terribly sorry if this sounds rude but chickens really is most defiantly right! you have way too many drakes for that poor hen in-fact it should be the other way around... 3 hens for one drake.. I'd suggest getting ride off 2 drakes and get 2 more hens for him. If not this will lead to some very serious problems for your hen such as over-breeding. If a duck is over-bred you'll most likely noticed that most of her head/wing feathers would be pull out and or broken. Some will even lose use of their legs. Again i'm not being rude at all i'm just telling you all of this based off from my experience from raising ducks. I'm still pretty new to them but i'm learning everyday. I now have 12 hens for my 2 drakes but originally I had 5 drakes and just one hen. And to top it all off I do think the eggs will hatch if shes been sitting on them long enough. And if you want her to continue sitting i'd try and avoid her and like what others said separate the drakes when the ducklings begin to hatching because they will hurt or even kill them.

Back
Top Bottom