Khaki's first swim!

Brassmaster

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Wayne County, Ohio
My Khaki Campbell ducklings took their first swim today. They are two weeks old tomorrow. We took them outside to get some sun today and let them loose in a 4x6 dog pen. We added a bowl normally used for feeding the dogs that was filled with water. It took them several minutes to realize that there was water in it but once they did... WOW! They were diving in, shaking around, jumping out, standing upright, shaking their "want to be wings", shaking their tail, then.... jump back in the water! LOL It was hilarious. We have 15 of them and they continued to do this until most of the water was splashed out of the bowl. When they were done they all stood around preening themselves and drying off. It was too cool.

Awww, I'm so jealous! I have 3 ducks, but just one Khaki Campbell. KC is rapidly becoming my favorite. Even though my ducks are almost a year old I still enjoy watching them in their horse trough "pond".

Did you take pics of your babies first swim? If so would love to see pics of them... I "need" a baby duck picture fix!

Pics............Pics......."jump up and down waving hands".
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom