KICK BUTT! Cheerleaders for the quitters, post here!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickiebaby, Dec 31, 2008.

1. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Those of us who have already KICKED BUTT in the past, and remain smoke-free, post here with words of encouragement. (No bragging or anything, please, just cheerleading and tips IF they ask for 'em).

This is a new post simply because I wanted a place for us to offer encouragement without hijacking their thread.

YAY FOR ALL YOU QUITTERS! You can do it and it WILL be worth it!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Prayers going out for all of them.

Having never let a cigarette ever touch my lips, I have known those who have quit and although it is hard, I know it can be done.

You've got me pullin' for you!

3. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i'm on my last pack,,,and NO,, its not cause its new years,, it cause they had to add an additive now ( this last carton was the first) that makes the cig "go out" WAY faster,,, and it taste icky [​IMG]
    we said after this carton no more,, well today will be it...... i hope [​IMG]
    and thankies for the encouragement chickiebaby,,, and for the prayers Mahonri [​IMG]

4. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, indeed...prayer for all who are shedding their bad habits.

Have watched my mother struggle with quitting. It isn't easy...but we are all here to encourage you to keep putting one foot in front of the other!

5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    For 26 years I was a smoker. I hated it. Though people never knew I smoked, they said they couldn't and never smelled it on me.

I really wanted to quit and I had tried many things. My husband is a Director of a local Reformers Unanimous Addictions Program ( www.reformu.com ) and had been for over a year, at the time. I had been a helper at the program for the same amount of time. I tried quitting and I did for a weekend (hardest time) and the only one that I wanted to notice (my hubby), didn't. I got discouraged.

I went on a Monday morning, bought a pack of cigs, and smoked the whole pack in no time. It made me sick, mentally and physically. Finally, I looked to the one source I knew that could help me. The Lord Jesus.

On a Monday, in Sept. of 2006, I called on the Lord to take the desire from me, to take the taste from me, to please just take it from me, to give me the strength to get by, to give me the encouragement that I needed, to help me overcome this stronghold in my life.

My daughters always told me that all I had to give them for Christmas was to quit smoking, and I failed them each year. Until 2006 they got for Christmas what they had so longed to have.

I have been smoke free for over 2 years now and have never, never, never even wanted to buy, touch, taste, etc. a cigarette.

You can do it and with the right help you can do it much faster. With all that said.....Prayer works. Dedication works. Keeping your word works.

I'll be praying for you all.

Check out www.reformu.com for a local chapter in your area

6. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

just think of all that $$$$ you'll save...you can buy more chicks!!! [​IMG]

7. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:I agree it is a money saver. I have been smoke free since September. It is hard but it can be done. You really have to want to quit. Everyday gets easier. Remember the first couple of weeks is the hardest. Im praying for all of you that are going to quit. After a few weeks of not smoking you wont regret it. I know you all can do it. Im here for each and everyone of you.

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I watched my mother diagnosed and dead from lung cancer in 3 weeks.
    It made it easy for me to quit.

9. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Also, to add, you will be surprised how much better your breathing will be after a couple weeks.

10. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    good luck and prayers for the strength needed to quit.
    i started on new years of seventh grade... it was cool. it has been seven yrs this past aug. since i quit. was the last day of golf league. had cut done, to one a week, by then. it was the social part, only at that point.
    my husband had quit much before we got together and he was always on my case about it. i craved it and still do everyday.... so once, when we got in a fight i drove a half hour to my girlfriends to have a smoke. (tooo expensive to commit to buy a pack) smoked one and sat there for a minute and lit another. two drags later i put it out and said " just wanted to make sure it sucked as bad as the first one." lol i hated it even thou i crave it soooo bad. i don't want to smoke.
    good luck you can do it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by