1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Kickin' Back

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 33yardbirds, May 16, 2011.

1. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Anyone else have a chair in the coop so you can watch the antics of your growing chicks ? A fold up lawn chair for me so I don't sit in any surprises.

2. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    You are doing better than me, I have an upside down bucket to sit on [​IMG]

3. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a big tree stump.

4. hokankai

hokankai Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    SW WA
    I have a camping chair in front of the brooder, a upside down bucket for near the coop, and a set of chairs on the deck for when they wander the yard [​IMG]

Oh, and in the coop I just sit myself down right there on the shavings! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  5. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Yep...just came back inside..sh..they are sweeeeping.

6. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I have an old cooler/feed storage container I "perch" on when I watch...and I watch a LOT. [​IMG]

7. Slotred

Slotred Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2011
    I have a folding chair, and I have some of the disposable shoe covers like medical personnel wear, so I can prevent tracking chicken poop in the house. Beats watching TV.

8. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    When I walk in the door they all stampede to the other side of the brooder but then once a couple come back towards me they all run. I squat and sit on the side. The first day when the shavings were clean i sat right in with them.

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oh, yah, gotta have a seat or two for chicken watching!

I like to sit on the retaining wall around the goldfish pond. I get chickens up on that wall with me to tug at my clothes. Often one or two will settle down next to me to nap in the sun. The rest mill about for a while until they are sure there are [no more] treats to be had, then go off and do chickeny things. But I get a lot of company.

Best part of the day!

10. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    My easy chair is just outside the pen...I let the chickens out and sit there watching...
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by