Kid story with 6 week old

Mom 2em All

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Dora, Alabama
I am guessing Carmen, my daughters little rescue chicken is about 6 weeks old. I am not sure because she was found two weeks after Easter running down the street in a suburb. Figure she was sold at the pet store right at Easter time.

Anyhow, my daughter is so attached, they are inseparable. Carmen is starting to act like a chicken more each day. My daughter was 'roosting' up in her top bunk bed with her chicken and yelled for me with panic in her voice. I rush back to her room, and she asks me-
"Why is Carmen lying on her side all stretched out?"

Carmen was taking a 'dust bath' on her bed. Just chillin.
cool.png

My kid was so relieved that she was okay, she actually got upset with her for scaring her. You know, tears of relief. Thought her chicken was having a seizure.
lol.png

aaaawwwww bless her heart. That is so cute.

My daughter is very attached to her ameraucana...they are two peas in a pod for sure. We have a couple of those panic moments too.
big_smile.png

smile.png

My daughter is ten, and she has epilepsy...so seeing her chicken lying down, having a 'seizure', just freaked her out
smile.png

Yep, my kid has no plans of Carmen moving out to our newly built coop...she has told her that they will play out there, but she will still sleep in her room
barnie.gif

Kids are only small for so long, and she is my youngest, so may as well entertain her. Besides, if you could see the bond these two have....One day I will be able to tell embarrassing chicken stories to her dates..
lau.gif

On a raising chicken topic: Will it hurt to keep this one on starter until the rest of my eggs that are incubating are old enough to get off of it? I hate to go by a large bag of grower and have two open bags- one starter and one grower when I will only be feeding small scale.

Back
Top Bottom