Kidney stones and more/Update 11/15

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by SarahBeth9394, Oct 17, 2011.

1. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    So after a rough week I went to the dr. today and he said he thinks it's kidney stones. He gives me an rx for pain and tells me to strain my wee-wee so I know if something passes. So I get home and it becomes wee-wee time. This is when I realize I don't have anything to strain my wee-wee with because well that's just not one of your basic household items. Yelling out to my hubby "where's the wee-wee strainer" is something I never thought I'd say. Well I think about it and I grab a glass jar and take care of business. This is when I realize I have never looked at a jar of my own wee-wee before and have no idea what is normal and what isn't. I know there's blood in it cuz they confirmed that at the dr. office. So here comes the all too icky question..... does normal wee-wee contain floaty-specks? UGH. I can't believe I just asked that but come on how often do we look at our wee-wee in a jar? It's just not a habit I ever contemplated. Just considering that has me laughing and groaning at the same time.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Most normal urine is yellow to straw colored and clear. Some white floaty specks could be epithielial cells, white blood cells, or something else.

Studied this stuff in school......

signed
    wee-wee expert.

3. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

4. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    It's just something you don't think of till it's happening to you. lol I tried looking online but all the pics of stones had nothing in the pic that you could compare the size with and some of them looked like asteroids. No wonder it hurts.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Oh my! [​IMG] Not laughing at your condition. Vicariously (thank goodness) I know how painful they can be. My son in law has had two attacks. He urinates into a gravy strainer to monitor the passage of stones. Good luck, I know it is no fun.

6. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    They are looking for a stone to pass through. It will hurt like ()**&^*!*()*%!! when it does and then you will feel perfectly fine. The stone will be tiny and look like a tiny rock. Like the size of the little ball thingy on the end of a pin. Sometimes they are black and sometimes they are white. Mine was black and while tiny was very noticeable in the toilet. Truthfully, I was not coordinated enough to pee in the little strainer thingie they gave me so I just went like normal. [​IMG]

Good luck. I hope it passes soon. Kidney stones HURT like crazy. The only upside is that the doctors and ER don't skimp on the happy drugs to make you not care about the stone.

7. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I never did see my stone. I have had two attacks, they were just sooooo special ed. [​IMG] I was puking from the pain. I had gone to the local ER, and I know that they sent home the patient next me home with the wrong diagnosis. I have a high tolerance to pain, but I don't like to pay for stupid people. [​IMG]

I sure hope you are better very soon.

8. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    My mum had hers removed... I thought that was standard procedure. You actually have to force it out yourself?! Hers was the size of a quail egg!

9. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    If the stones are small enough you have to just pass them. If they are too big they can blast them to break them up. If they are ginormous then they sometimes have to do surgery to get them out. No matter how they do it the process hurts like CRAZY!!!!

[​IMG]

10. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    My problem is recognizing when something is bad enough to need treatment. Looking back at it when I initially got sick I should have gone to the hospital. But I didn't know the symptoms and thought it was just an extremely bad bathroom visit that lasted longer than it should. I talked to my sil and she told me what happened with her and it was very similar. I have relatives that have been through some major medical issue over the last couple of years and I think about how bad it's been for them that I guess I think "it's not that bad" when it comes to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by